No announcement yet.

Another Change Proposed For Linux's Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A very serious question to those that are in favor of the CoC and more importantly in favor of vetting a persons conduct outside of a project.

PersonA has contributed a lot of code to a project. PersonA has also been very helpful and professional with their conduct inside the project. Outside the project, PersonA stated very clearly that they hate _____ (replace the blank with whatever you want). If you would have never looked at their actions outside of the project you would have never known that PersonA hates _____. PersonA has also helped many people that are _____ in the project wether it was known or not.

PersonA is in violation of the CoC if their thoughts/actions are accounted for outside the project.

Now to the questions.

Is PersonA no longer allowed to contribute to the project? if yes, is it because their code is now tainted by their actions outside of the project? if so, what about the code already in the project, is that not tainted as well? Should that code be removed so you can further disassociate the project from PersonA?

I'm really curious about this. How far does this go? When vetting a person to make sure they are not in violation of the CoC, how far back do you go, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 20, since birth? How deep do you go, just twitter, or just facebook, or do you search every nock and cranny, both online and offline. What is the acceptable conduct of vetting someone?

What happens when a person is found guilty of violating the CoC? What about past contributions?

I'm not in favor of the CoC, there shouldn't be a need for it. But if it is needed it should only apply to official project stuff, like mailing list or github/lab repos.

Everyone thinks, acts, and perceives things differently which means everyone is, at some point in time, no matter what, is in violation of the CoC.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
      Now tell me again why I should support a murderous fucktard's code because you hate a code of conduct for a mailing list.
      Nobody gives a shit what you support or what code you use, it's people like you who want to banish and make it impossible for others who would want to use his code.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post
        is it because their code is now tainted
        Just wanted to nitpick for these (fully agree with your post), code cannot get "tainted" by superficial bullshit. It's just code.

If anyone thinks otherwise, they need to GTFO from something as technical and based on science as computer programming/coding, and fuck off.

Or they should go and whine about this crap to idiots who believe in fairies and other crap I've no interest in, they at least might give a shit. Can't just force everyone to believe in their bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Panda_Wrist View Post
          A very serious question to those that are in favor of the CoC and more importantly in favor of vetting a persons conduct outside of a project.

PersonA has contributed a lot of code to a project. PersonA has also been very helpful and professional with their conduct inside the project. Outside the project, PersonA stated very clearly that they hate _____ (replace the blank with whatever you want). If you would have never looked at their actions outside of the project you would have never known that PersonA hates _____. PersonA has also helped many people that are _____ in the project wether it was known or not.

PersonA is in violation of the CoC if their thoughts/actions are accounted for outside the project.

Now to the questions.

Is PersonA no longer allowed to contribute to the project? if yes, is it because their code is now tainted by their actions outside of the project? if so, what about the code already in the project, is that not tainted as well? Should that code be removed so you can further disassociate the project from PersonA?

I'm really curious about this. How far does this go? When vetting a person to make sure they are not in violation of the CoC, how far back do you go, 1 year, 5 years, 10 years, 20, since birth? How deep do you go, just twitter, or just facebook, or do you search every nock and cranny, both online and offline. What is the acceptable conduct of vetting someone?

What happens when a person is found guilty of violating the CoC? What about past contributions?

I'm not in favor of the CoC, there shouldn't be a need for it. But if it is needed it should only apply to official project stuff, like mailing list or github/lab repos.

Everyone thinks, acts, and perceives things differently which means everyone is, at some point in time, no matter what, is in violation of the CoC.
          There is no limits what SJWs can do when they obsessively begin to pursue you. They can even make your kids suffer because of the thought crime you did. Because of that they should have no power.

Comment

Codes of Conduct be there very nature are dangerous as they empower people that should have no power! That might offend a few snowflakes but the reality is you get power in a project like Linux by contributing effectively. The last thing we need is people in the project that derive their authority from a CoC.

Frankly this makes about as much sense as somebody demanding that the rules for football need to be changed because the game is too rough. ( real American football here not that European soccer with men running around in gay shorts!!!!). In other words if you don’t like how the game is played find another sport to participate in.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post

There is no limits what SJWs can do when they obsessively begin to pursue you. They can even make your kids suffer because of the thought crime you did. Because of that they should have no power.
              Then SJWs should start learning other languages, beside English. Or other alphabets.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post

Because you'll probably lose data and have an unstable installation because his file system sucked donkey dick.

Now tell me again why I should support a murderous fucktard's code because you hate a code of conduct for a mailing list.
                I used it on some machines and never lost data because of it.

Did you know the victim? Do you know him? Why the strong feelings about the man?
                I hate the idea of a CoC, exactly because I don't like the lynch mob mentality that some snowflakes will exhibit while parading the CoC.
                This punch a Nazi and by all means necessary ideology that drives the code of conducts needs to be opposed.
                Last edited by slalomsk8er; 15 October 2018, 01:43 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by onicsis View Post

Then SJWs should start learning other languages, beside English. Or other alphabets.
                  Ah no ! Please no ! Keep them in your own linguistic sphere of influence.

Although i would want persistent SWJs obect to sexualized jokes in conference which would happen in France. After enough effort one of them could earn a good cream pie in the face.

Comment

How about "Don't discuss anything off topic" and leave it at that?

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post

Ah no ! Please no ! Keep them in your own linguistic sphere of influence.

Although i would want persistent SWJs obect to sexualized jokes in conference which would happen in France. After enough effort one of them could earn a good cream pie in the face.
                      Let's start with documentation. It's a beginning. Code, come next.

Comment

Working...
                      X