Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Joins Open Invention Network With Its 60,000+ Patents

Phoronix: Microsoft Joins Open Invention Network With Its 60,000+ Patents

Microsoft has joined the Open Invention Network (OIN) to as they put it "protect Linux and open-source."..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

That's fantastic news

Comment

Are the Android patents included? Or are they still pulling a billion dollar revenue stream from that?

Comment

Is Microsoft lowkey becoming one of the good guys? Strange days... but welcome news nonetheless.

Comment

Originally posted by dpanter View Post
          Is Microsoft lowkey becoming one of the good guys? Strange days... but welcome news nonetheless.
          if obsidian is allowed to still release linux-versions of their games after being bought by MS...then i'll start to think the same... ^^

Comment

I've heard that question repeated so many times over Microsoft's history I've lost count. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 400 times, shame on me.

Comment

So, will they stop Android patent trolling now? What about patents on filesystems like exFAT? Can commercial Linux distros ship exFAT packages without paying MS?

Comment

Originally posted by Termy View Post

if obsidian is allowed to still release linux-versions of their games after being bought by MS...then i'll start to think the same... ^^
                Linux and DRM-free both.

Comment

Nah, they're not if you by developer claims. I mean: look at how many devs have moved from GitHub to GitLab just because MS took over...

Comment

Garlic, crosses and wooden stakes at the ready people, we'll never forget SCO.

Comment

Working...
                    X