Linux Code of Conduct Likely To See Changes Ahead Of 4.19 Kernel Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DanL View Post
    Speaking of people that sound like grumpy old men who want to maintain their little castle of power...
    History has shown time and again that laws can and will be bent to the will of those in power.

This CoC might have good intentions, but it does allow abuse too. You're still relying on people enforcing it, and if these people are SJW you're thoroughly fucked just as if you didn't have it.

Comment

As others said, may sanity prevail. If this rings true, there would be rules but that insane "covenant" would basically go trough the chamber pot. And the hateful people behind it would have to blow a fuse elsewhere.

I wonder how this weird text amongst so many possibilities ended up on the kernel mailing list. That puzzles me but of course i am not so familiar with Anglo Saxon culture and politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedale View Post
        I wonder how this weird text amongst so many possibilities ended up on the kernel mailing list. That puzzles me but of course i am not so familiar with Anglo Saxon culture and politics.
        Linus said in august he will switch to AMD Threadripper and soon after Intel send its mafia so we got all this

Things are often not how they looks like.... Intel this year joked with license for its CPU microcodes too. This is year of Meltdown you know

In short, this CoC is just fatamorgana... Intel is offended by their own errors, nothing else
        Last edited by dungeon; 07 October 2018, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

Do you know why such thing has been put into CoC. To protect poor from rich or the opposite to protect rich from poor?
          It's to protect SJWs from reality. Otherwise it may be blatantly obvious that their degrees in Critical Theory are of zero value, zero merit and that people get on just fine without ever needing the millenial snowflakes' "insight".

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post
            It's to protect SJWs from reality.
            To me this is more to protect Intel from reality People are better to ask Intel for vulnerabilities-fixed hardware, than to lose any moment on this fatamorgana

Entire year they are fixing these shits in kernel and Linus likely think "i don't won't to run this crap anymore, i would switch to whatever else"
            Last edited by dungeon; 07 October 2018, 07:29 PM.

Comment

To me this is more to protect Intel from reality People are better to ask Intel for vulnerabilities-fixed hardware, than to lose any moment on this fatamorgana

Entire year they are fixing these shits in kernel and Linus likely think "i don't won't to run this crap anymore, i would switch to whatever else"
              The thing with Intel is that before even talking about fixing hardware vulnerabilities, we should take them to task about their hardware backdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by jacob View Post

The thing with Intel is that before even talking about fixing hardware vulnerabilities, we should take them to task about their hardware backdoors.
                That too if you like, people should really ask them in a pure harassment-free way - WTF all this crap is about!!! This CoC thingy and Linus situation started once AMD posted this - this was a moment in time:

8/14/18 – Updated

As in the case with Meltdown, we believe our processors are not susceptible to these new speculative execution attack variants: L1 Terminal Fault – SGX (also known as Foreshadow) CVE 2018-3615, L1 Terminal Fault – OS/SMM (also known as Foreshadow-NG) CVE 2018-3620, and L1 Terminal Fault – VMM (also known as Foreshadow-NG) CVE 2018-3646, due to our hardware paging architecture protections. We are advising customers running AMD EPYC™ processors in their data centers, including in virtualized environments, to not implement Foreshadow-related software mitigations for their AMD platforms.
                https://www.amd.com/en/corporate/security-updates

So, that is what happened there - Intel pushing CoC so that anybody couldn't harass them even when they are deserving it
                Last edited by dungeon; 07 October 2018, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Sucking CoC is no way to go through life son.

Comment

That too if you like, people should really ask them in a pure harassment-free way - WTF all this crap is about!!! This CoC thingy and Linus situation started once AMD posted this - this was a moment in time:
                    So, that is what happened there - Intel pushing CoC so that anybody couldn't harass them even when they are deserving it
                    We can turn it against them. Dear Intel, your IME offends my feewings and I'm like so totally triggered by it!

Comment

To me this is more to protect Intel from reality
                      At least you'll never have to worry about reality. But hey, way to turn a thread about the Linux kernel CoC into an AMD vs. Intel flamewar through gibberish and smilies.

Comment

Working...
                      X