No announcement yet.

Linux Code of Conduct Likely To See Changes Ahead Of 4.19 Kernel Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a programmer that has sometimes contributed to the kernel but on rare occasion was pummeled for some stupid political reason (usually people trying to keep control of their tiny castles*), I can see at least some of these changes being welcome. However, in general I feel this is mostly more millennial dumbass SJW crap that is only making things worse.

*This type of stuff will only hinder progress because it hands power to the "board" and trust me, these idiots have nothing to your benefit in mind. All they care about is maintaining their little "castle of power." These people are, or will become, "grumpy old men." These people care about nothing other than their own power and control. Those are never the people you want in charge of policy.

The code of conduct is simply things we have tried before. The ARRL (ham radio) no longer represents the individuals. The AMA (Academy of Model Aerodynamics) no longer represents R/C pilots. Etc, etc... Rinse, repeat. It is the same thing over and over.

Comment

Originally posted by anarki2 View Post
      "socio-economic status"

That doesn't even have any meaning lol.
      it means "you are poor" or "you are rich" or "you are not poor but not quite rich either".

I'm well-versed in SJW-speech because of reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by linner View Post
        All they care about is maintaining their little "castle of power." These people are, or will become, "grumpy old men."
        Speaking of people that sound like grumpy old men who want to maintain their little castle of power...

However, in general I feel this is mostly more millennial dumbass SJW crap that is only making things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          it means "you are poor" or "you are rich" or "you are not poor but not quite rich either".

I'm well-versed in SJW-speech because of reasons.
          Do you know why such thing has been put into CoC. To protect poor from rich or the opposite to protect rich from poor?

Joke aside, i think it is very dangerous to put such thing into this, as people always look everything from all sides. So, if something have no clear meaning it is better to be removed as soon as possible
          Last edited by dungeon; 07 October 2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            it means "you are poor" or "you are rich" or "you are not poor but not quite rich either". I'm well-versed in SJW-speech because of reasons.
            No, that's just the economic part. You're not as well-versed as you think. See post #8

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
              Speaking of people that sound like grumpy old men who want to maintain their little castle of power...
              You're not wrong but a bit ad hominem. I have nothing to gain by attacking this. In fact, as I mentioned, I think it's OK to some degree.

Also, to continue the theme. I assume you are under-30?
              Last edited by linner; 07 October 2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Sorry to ruin your stereotype, but I'm 37.

Comment

Sorry to ruin your stereotype, but I'm 37.
                  I failed. You are assimilated. Thanks

Comment

No, that's just the economic part. You're not as well-versed as you think. See post #8
                    Did I say SJW-speak or "full complete definition"?

If a SJW is using that term they mean rich or poor, Borgeoise or proletariat.

The concept of "sociological combined total measure of a person's work experience " is too complex and not really necessary for most SJW operations.

Comment

SJWs are just an evolution of people that were enforicing "societal norms" for the sake of feeling good. Like shouting "whore" at girls that wore too short skirts or shit like that.

They can be of any age, as this behaviour is old as mankind itself.

Comment

Working...
                      X