Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Debian Developers Weighed The Idea Of Not Allowing Q&A Sessions At Their Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cynical View Post

Rofl no it is not. Ask the average person to describe what the relationship is between primary/replica. Then ask them what the relationship between a master and slave is. If placating snowflakes is important to you, that's fine, but normal people aren't going to buy into your delusions. (we like to keep our brains functional instead of clogging them up with bullshit like this)
    Actually, for all that I want to keep master/slave for the sake of familiarity (I've been working with PCs since the early DOS days), communicative clarity is not an argument I'd use.

I find terms like "primary/replica" (database replication) or "initiator/target" (bus I/O) to be significantly more effective at establishing an understanding of what's actually going on.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Linus is a straight talking software developer. When the kernel code is bad it is his job to comment on it. Many people can not take feedback and there is people that drive politics around Linux kernel software development. It is crazy to talk about nazisim, transsexual, gay, lesbians, women, men when developing software. Linus and others have had good laughs of those clowns.
      That joke worked pretty well. I don't really think it needed a response.

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Dear beginner, that kind of jokes are against the net etiquette and many civil laws. You should be polite always.
        If that were the case, then we really would have a totalitarian politically correct state.

There's nothing illegal in either the U.S. (Phoronix's home) or Canada (my home) about alluding to excessive left-wing zealotry as witch-hunting and to their smearing those who disagree with them as being right-wing extremists.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzz View Post
          Holy shit, Linux, do I need to switch to BSD to get away from this nonsense?
          Are you aware their code of conduct doesn't allow virtual hugs?

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
            Who cares anymore about manipulated media? is there anyone who even read or listen or watch this shit?
            Nobody would bother doing propaganda if it didn't work.

Comment

sure it works for the old people who watch or listen or read this shit.

modern internet people do not do this in fact.
              LOL. This may be the funniest thing I've ever read on these forums. Sure, nobody young reads fake news on the internet and believes it. That never, ever happens.

Comment

sure there is fake news in the internet... but in fact in the mass media the other people decide what fake news to send to your brain... in the internet you are the one who are consuming fake news by your own free will. thats very different.
                In that it's even more effective? Sure.

Comment

Working...
                X