PostgreSQL Is The Latest Open-Source Project To Announce A Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpg44 View Post
    There is also a difference between actions and speech. Linus made a lot of crude comments about people but no one in their right mind thinks Linus is a violent person who would physically harm people.
    Tove is the Torvalds designated to administer violence.

Comment

The incel / alt-right / arseholes must really be feeling alienated. Good

Comment

Another project gone ... Sigh...

Comment

Why do people write free code? Because it's fun for them.

Now, let's think how fun it is to be around SJWs and how pleasant it is to fear saying anything because of the new Stasi of political correctness.

When I was very young I've lived in communism. Actual communism. Scarce food, scarce heating, scarce gas, scarce freedom. The West was better than a heaven to us, you had to be very brave to try to ascend. But everyone dreamed about it.

When I see what's happening now to the Western Civilization I get depressed.
          Communism was forced on us, with an army.
          But you, why are you doing all this to yourselves? Are you bored of too much good living?

Comment

Originally posted by dkasak View Post
            The incel / alt-right / arseholes must really be feeling alienated. Good
            what about the ones not being incels / alt-right / arseholes that feel alienated? acceptable collateral damage?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              If you can't control yourself enough to follow rules then it's a different issue, maybe related to ADHD/ADD or other impulsivity issues.
              As someone with ADD/ADHD, I have no problems following rules.
              Last edited by Vistaus; 19 September 2018, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sjekkel View Post
                The issue with your restaurant analogy is that as someone who loves to walk around barefoot I simply don't use the business denying me service even when I have shoes on, fuck them. But for software projects I have already contributed code that then introduce a CoC after I can't just pull my contribution out. It's already in there and the project profits despite me not wanting to support people that are intolerant towards different lifestyles.
                But it could be that you've been the restaurant before. Like, you've had service there and now they introduce a rule that you can't walk barefoot inside of the restaurant. That's the same as a project announcing a sudden CoC.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

No, because instead of ignoring me and keep going on with their day, they wan't to expel me.
                  Many coders are good at code and bad with people.
                  You can't go to your boss, shit on his desk and then tell him that it is totally unfair of him firing you, because that somehow takes away from your freedom to be an asshole. This CoC was implemented by the PostgreSql Core Team, the people leading the project. They have the right to do that, but since it is open source you actually don't even have to bother with their decision, you can just go ahead, fork it and announce your fork to be an asshole friendly project. So all the people that don't want to work on PostgreSQL anymore because of the CoC can just work on your fork. Let's see how far you come with that.
                  Also, in order to be expelled by a project you have to contribute first. Do you actually do that?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post

You can't go to your boss, shit on his desk and then tell him that it is totally unfair of him firing you, because that somehow takes away from your freedom to be an asshole. This CoC was implemented by the PostgreSql Core Team, the people leading the project. They have the right to do that, but since it is open source you actually don't even have to bother with their decision, you can just go ahead, fork it and announce your fork to be an asshole friendly project. So all the people that don't want to work on PostgreSQL anymore because of the CoC can just work on your fork. Let's see how far you come with that.
                    Also, in order to be expelled by a project you have to contribute first. Do you actually do that?
                    If you fork the project, then your fork is also under the PostgreSQL License because PostgreSQL is licensed under their own license.

Comment

Originally posted by L_A_G View Post
                      But yeah... I expect this to include the same kind of people talking past each other and flimsy accusations of white supremacy as the thread on the new Linux CoC...
                      And idiots and hypocrites like you ignore reality. Tell me how many of black developers are working on Linux? How many black pianists you know? I like black people, but I hate idiots who ignore reality and differences between races and genders.

Comment

Working...
                      X