Using W10Privacy To Boost Ubuntu WSL Performance On Windows 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
    Ehi michael, why dont you test wsl on windows server? it would be more of an apple to apple comparison than testing windows 10
    what's the point of WSL for a server?

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
      Seems mostly IO, so it's indexing or some shit. Not new, not windows-dependent.
      Of course it's windows dependent. Fact is MS configured windows exactly the way they configured windows. It is exactly what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by duby229 View Post
        Of course it's windows dependent.
        Any file indexing will degrade IO regardless of operating system, this is even more obvious on Linux. Ever heard of baloo on KDE or Tracker on GNOME?

Fact is MS configured windows exactly the way they configured windows. It is exactly what it is.
        Repeating nonsense does not make your point more right. This is just IO impact of file indexing and some very minor CPU impact for random other services running by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium
          Intel want so sell Fast CPUs and Fast SSDs and Microsoft does everything to bring market demand for "Fast" Hardware.
          That's what they want. What theyc an actually provide is... 5% of performance increase per generation in optimistic benchmarks.

Sorry but you need to update to the modern world.

Imagine a World everyone who uses windows use W10Privacy instead of buying new Fast Hardware..
          Disabling file indexing has always been a recommended thing since Windows 7. Not new.

There are still a lot of compelling reasons to buy a SSD anyway, so it's not really changing much nowadays.

Or they start to use Linux to save even more on hardware
          *Android

Sorry but an OS where browsers don't have hardware acceleration is not an option for most people that wants to save on hardware.

Comment

Any file indexing will degrade IO regardless of operating system, this is even more obvious on Linux. Ever heard of baloo on KDE or Tracker on GNOME?

Repeating nonsense does not make your point more right. This is just IO impact of file indexing and some very minor CPU impact for random other services running by default.
            You're just ignorant like a dumbass that chooses it. Your fault for that. The fact is MS configured windows the way did and it's already done. Whether you like it or not. Facts are what facts are. And BTW I'm a Gentoo user and I have use flags to -my- benefit. Thanks but you can choose to be ignorant all by yourself.

Comment

That's what they want. What theyc an actually provide is... 5% of performance increase per generation in optimistic benchmarks.

Sorry but you need to update to the modern world.

Disabling file indexing has always been a recommended thing since Windows 7. Not new.

There are still a lot of compelling reasons to buy a SSD anyway, so it's not really changing much nowadays.

*Android

Sorry but an OS where browsers don't have hardware acceleration is not an option for most people that wants to save on hardware.
              Mesa does have several hardware acceleration interfaces. You can squarely blame MS, the RIAA, the MPAA and more for the reason they don't get used in web browsers. But claiming they don't exist is a flat out lie.

Comment

Impressive to see how much the core of the kernell is made of spyware on windows 10. Excellent and courageous article.

Comment

You're just ignorant like a dumbass that chooses it. Your fault for that. The fact is MS configured windows the way did and it's already done. Whether you like it or not. Facts are what facts are.
                  This is not even tangential, it's like in another dimension from what my point is. I'm happy to see you didn't lose your special touch.

I said that the issue isn't Windows, but file indexing. And that any other OS can have issues with file indexing enabled.

Then you come and shout at me that it's MS's fault and that I'm a dumbass. Did I mention MS? No. Did I say it was not MS's fault? No.

And BTW I'm a Gentoo user and I have use flags to -my- benefit. Thanks but you can choose to be ignorant all by yourself.
                  While you waste time playing with your PC I solve software issues with hardwareeeeh and I'm getting the job done anyway...... blaaarghhh!!!!!

Comment

Mesa does have several hardware acceleration interfaces. You can squarely blame MS, the RIAA, the MPAA and more for the reason they don't get used in web browsers. But claiming they don't exist is a flat out lie.

OS where browsers don't have hardware acceleration

browsers don't have hardware acceleration

Note how Mesa isn't even mentioned or alluded to.

Comment

Originally posted by Jahimself View Post
                      Impressive to see how much the core of the kernell is made of spyware on windows 10. Excellent and courageous article.
                      Technically speaking all the garbage and tracking you see in that tool are userspace services, the kernel has nothing to do with that.

Comment

Working...
                      X