Systemd 239 Is Being Prepped For Release With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rtfazeberdee View Post
    I never believe these "anecdotes" of total catastrophe - otherwise everyone using RAID10 would suffer the same result
    I believe them to an extent.

In the sense that I think he did suffer a RAID10 meltdown for real and didn't just post 100% virtual bullshit, but he blamed systemd because he hated it or something, not because he found out that it is actually the culprit (which isn't so often the case, systemd follows configuration files, it's much more common to find out it was a configuration error from the user or distro maintainers).

Comment

Originally posted by malkavian View Post
      Ask them. Not always but most times it seems that something bad was done when shutdown, and then when boot it forced me to wait for reconstruction. I changed to openrc and problem solved.
      The change to openrc, was it just a change to openrc or was other software also changed in the process? Do you run any type of database server on your machine? And was it on shutdown or a reboot? It seams that for some reason the default (at least in Debian/Ubuntu) reboot.target have "JobTimeoutSec=30min" which very well could explain strange things if you have any process that could take > 30 minutes to flush to disk.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        The source for it is public and has always been, none is stopping anyone from doing that.
        With open source code, anyone can audit. But security "nerds" want professional audits and those usually cost money. But I could see Red Hat paying for such an audit just once to verify that it's as secure as us, non-professionals, think it is. But again: I'm NOT one of those people, I trust systemd as is. I'm just saying a professional audit could maybe help to convince some of the haters who hate it because of security.

Comment

Can't wait for Linux to become an official systemd flavour!

Comment

Can't wait till systemdOS launches at version 240. I heard they are working on bundling the Noveau driver into systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
              With open source code, anyone can audit. But security "nerds" want professional audits and those usually cost money. But I could see Red Hat paying for such an audit just once to verify that it's as secure as us, non-professionals, think it is. But again: I'm NOT one of those people, I trust systemd as is. I'm just saying a professional audit could maybe help to convince some of the haters who hate it because of security.
              I'll use a graphical explanation here bvecause I think it conveys the concept more.

Really, nothing will stop mindless hate.

Comment

Originally posted by r08z View Post
                Can't wait till systemdOS launches at version 240. I heard they are working on bundling the Noveau driver into systemd.
                It will launch with 2.40? So that means they've finished rewriting the whole thing so that it obeys the Gods of Rust?

Comment

You mean GNU Systemd?

Linux kernel will be deprecated and replaced..

Comment

Working...
                  X