No announcement yet.

Systemd 239 Is Being Prepped For Release With Many Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Systemd fucked my RAID10 several times and make me wait hours of reconstruction intead of letting me continue using the system while it reconstructs. I feel as using some stupid Microsoft software. Since then I use openrc which developers try to correct the bugs before adding new features, and I am happier. I don't like binary logs, I don't like not using KISS and I don't like their deveploment way. In my new Laptop I am going to try Devuan (Debian whitout any trace of systemd).

Comment

Originally posted by makam View Post
      Just to continue my acting...
      The only permanent fix would be systemds death.
      When it's systemd that "forces his ideas" (more like major distros decide to use it by default) it's bad, but if you are forcing your ideas on others it's fine.

Note that there are (many) people that would really prefer systemd, its death would remove that choice for them.

Comment

Originally posted by malkavian View Post
        Systemd fucked my RAID10 several times and make me wait hours of reconstruction intead of letting me continue using the system while it reconstructs.
        What happened here? How did systemd fuck up a RAID10 and force you to wait hours for it to reconstruct before making it usable again?

Comment

Ask them. Not always but most times it seems that something bad was done when shutdown, and then when boot it forced me to wait for reconstruction. I changed to openrc and problem solved.

Comment

Ask them. Not always but most times it seems that something bad was done when shutdown,
            That's somewhat generic to blame something so surely.

and then when boot it forced me to wait for reconstruction.
            I've never experienced that, if a RAID fails on OpenSUSE or Debian it does either mount it as degraded or fail to boot and go in emergency shell (depending on configuration, Debian also had a bug about this https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugr...cgi?bug=784070 but it was their own udev scripts and I suspect that a similar thing happened to you as well).

I think it is your distro's systemd unit file for mdadm (service configuration file) or even script or whatever else that does that.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
              That's a tradeoff I can accept. With shell scripts you're almost always sure there is some obscure way you didn't think of where someone could abuse your script.
              I agree. But for security nerds' sake, it couldn't hurt to have systemd audited at some point.

Comment

Systemd fucked my RAID10 several times and make me wait hours of reconstruction intead of letting me continue using the system while it reconstructs. I feel as using some stupid Microsoft software. Since then I use openrc which developers try to correct the bugs before adding new features, and I am happier. I don't like binary logs, I don't like not using KISS and I don't like their deveploment way. In my new Laptop I am going to try Devuan (Debian whitout any trace of systemd).
                Or you could try runit.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  What happened here? How did systemd fuck up a RAID10 and force you to wait hours for it to reconstruct before making it usable again?
                  I never believe these "anecdotes" of total catastrophe - otherwise everyone using RAID10 would suffer the same result

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post

I agree. But for security nerds' sake, it couldn't hurt to have systemd audited at some point.
                    its all open source - your chance to do a security audit beckons.....

Comment

Originally posted by Vistaus View Post
                      The source for it is public and has always been, none is stopping anyone from doing that.

Comment

Working...
                      X