No announcement yet.

OpenCL 2.2 Sees A Maintenance Update With Document Clarifications, Bug Fixes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenCL 2.2 Sees A Maintenance Update With Document Clarifications, Bug Fixes

Phoronix: OpenCL 2.2 Sees A Maintenance Update With Document Clarifications, Bug Fixes

The Khronos Group has today announced a new maintenance release to OpenCL 2.2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

is OpenCL dead? Serious question. I want to learn GPU programming and don't really want to do closed-source CUDA. So where do I go?

Comment

Originally posted by vegabook View Post
      is OpenCL dead? Serious question. I want to learn GPU programming and don't really want to do closed-source CUDA. So where do I go?
      No, OpenCL is not dead. It's a good introduction to all the key concepts that you'll run across in CUDA and elsewhere. It's still the best-supported and most portable option, by far.

The main question around portability is just which version to use. Up to 1.2, you should be fine, but 2.1 (?) is where all the nice C++ kernel language facilities got added.

Comment

Working...
      X