NVIDIA Ends The GeForce Partner Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
    Ending it eh? I believe it when Asus (ROG) and the others start offering AMD cards again on the brands they where forced to remove.
    While I 100% agree with your point, one small correction, none of them was "forced" to accept anything, unless there was "under the table" promise that they will not get nvidia GPU's, and I'm not aware of that happened, however it is very possible, or even probable.

Comment

Originally posted by blacknova View Post
      Or it might be possible that some anti-monopoly agency were starting on them, so they decided to shutdown this program before it hit the fan.
      Except that NVidia has no monopoly. Their PC GPU market share is about 20%.

Comment

Michael Why there was no article when it's started?

Comment

A fucking load of bullocks. This entire GPP program and all the vapid accusations in regard to it.

"AMD is an underdog in graphics, so let's hate NVIDIA because it's so cool", right? Not a single piece of reliable information has leaked in regard to GPP, yet suddenly NVIDIA is the worst offender of its market position.

I find those NVIDIA/AMD sub brands (MSI GAMING, ASUS ROG, Gigabyte AURUS, etc.) completely useless for all intends and purposes.

I don't buy GPUs because they are funnily branded. I buy GPUs based solely on their performance (cooling, oc'bility)/price/specs.

I couldn't care less about an additional moniker of the GPU in my computer.

It's a fucking moniker. No one has ever stopped ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Palit, etc. from creating an additional brand for AMD GPUs. Nothing.

And don't fucking get me started on NVIDIA trying to monopolize the GPU market. They have done nothing akin to what Intel exercised in the AMD K8 days. NVIDIA just wanted to be featured as a brand. Intel actively bribed (in one way or another) OEMs, system integrators and whole sellers, so that they didn't sell AMD CPUs.
          Last edited by birdie; 04 May 2018, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Poor Asus put so much money into the new brand, Arez. For nothing. Nvidia should pay compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              No one has ever stopped ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, EVGA, Palit, etc. from creating an additional brand for AMD GPUs. Nothing.
              Why haven't they then, until GPP forced them? Very simple - because, unlike your view that it doesn't, the moniker in fact does matter.

NVIDIA just wanted to be featured as a brand.
              But it's "a fucking moniker". If it's "completely useless", why did Nvidia want "just" that?

The only thing "bollocks" here is your full of contradictions post.

Comment

You claim "the moniker matters" without giving any arguments for it. You claim "NVIDIA wanted 'just' that" and I'm not even sure what you're claiming.

What's your point again? But I don't want just a point - I want some sound arguments which unfortunately you have none. Come again.

Comment

You claim "the moniker matters" without giving any arguments for it.
                  Because I assumed things like "brand recognition" and "brand loyalty" are common knowledge. If the moniker didn't matter, there would be no point to the GPP.

You claim "NVIDIA wanted 'just' that"
                  Err, all I did was quote *you* claiming that.

You're just babbling now. You want sound arguments? Make some first, so that there'll actually be something there to respond to.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
                    In the situation with Nvidia, the GPP lasted just long enough that manufacturers have already dedicated new product lineups for AMD parts, so their job is done.
                    ^ This. This is what is happening right now.

Also, I'm somewhat skeptical that they are actually canceling all the agreements, I think this just means the GPP goes stealth mode (i.e. the NDA-protected agreements remain in effect while the GPP empty shell is "scrapped").

Comment

Originally posted by M@GOid View Post
                      Ending it eh? I believe it when Asus (ROG) and the others start offering AMD cards again on the brands they where forced to remove.
                      Also this. I strongly suspect that even if the actual GPP is scrapped all the OEMs won't just do an U turn now.

Comment

Working...
                      X