Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
    What am I missing here?

What is oppressive about this Code of Conduct?
    It is pretty hideous if you ask me. It effectivly makes it impossible to agressively deal with idiots.
    That is the whole problem in a nut shell. The long list just gives non preformers a way to stay in the community at the expense of people actually contributing.
    between adults, to act and respect people, across all ethnicities, genders, social, political and economical strata.
    The problem here is that a person actively contributing to a project can actively looses respect for those dragging the project down. As such it isnt unreasonable to express your anger with such people. The sad reality is this, not everyone involved in software developement has the chops to support a project. As such they either need to be encourafed to improve themselves or they need to get out. Frankly it is the so called offensive speach these policies guard against that can make low performers decide what they want to do.

In a nut shell if a person wants respect - PERFORM.

On the flip side there are very racist and sexist people out there. Such policies do nothing to change behaviors of such prople so i really dont see the point of having such policies in the first place.

Comment

• Look at all the comments. Impressive. It's like everyone worth a sh| t hates leftists. Who knew?

Comment

• Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post
        I wonder how many people commenting here have actually contributed to LLVM
        If you believe only people within a certain event should comment about it on outside platforms, you have a lot of work in front of you to right all these wrongs.
        I wish you luck with the sports fan, some can get quite violent.

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          You are not born "Student" like you are black/woman/transgender/attack helicopter.
          I wish I was born a black attack helicopter.
          My life now feels incomplete.

:-D

Comment

• Originally posted by DrYak View Post
            I wish I was born a black attack helicopter.
            My life now feels incomplete.
            :-D
            #AttackHelicopterIsBestGender

Comment

• Originally posted by GI_Jack View Post
              There is some real cognative dissodence going on here

There is a big pile of scare tactics about censorship, race baiting, gulags, freedom, etc..
              maybe that is due to the discussion being about freedom, censorship and the other common illl of modern society.
              Despite that, and an obvious read of LLVM's CoC, there is no mention of race, gender, class. It was merely enough to list a whole lot of unrelated incidents.

"Rules For Radicals" is named dropped, although the right uses it as much as the left.
              Censorship is a tool of the radical be he on the right or left.
              Rafel was neither kicked out, nor asked to leave, nor even lectured. He decided to quit out of his own free will, as he joined. No one pressured him, at all.
              Having your ability to express yourself curtailed is pretty extreme pressure.
              All I see at best is what a paranoid rhetoric used to justify a pre-emptive attack
              Nope! People have real concerns about censorship, especially that demanded by the left. It is having a very negative impact on society. It is seen in corporate censorship from corporations like Facebook, Google and others as well as these more open projects like LLVM.

Effectively such CoC demand that a person thinks in a specific way. The CoC are effectively instutionalized ignorance of how personal discourse should be conducted.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                soft quota also exists only in your vivid imagination
                Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer led illegal purge of male employees, lawsuit charges

“When Savitt began at Yahoo the top managers reporting to her … including the chief editors of the verticals and magazines, were less than 20 percent female. Within a year and a half those top managers were more than 80 percent female,” the lawsuit said. “Savitt has publicly expressed support for increasing the number of women in media and has intentionally hired and promoted women because of their gender, while terminating, demoting or laying off male employees because of their gender."

A prominent local media executive fired from Yahoo last year has filed a lawsuit alleging the firm’s CEO Marissa Mayer led a campaign to purge male employees and replace them with women.

And that's only what is known, from the surface the the tip of the iceberg. Certainly there are others, very carefully hidden be Silicon Valley corporations.

Comment

• Originally posted by F.Ultra View Post
                  And this little rant here: So just how SJW/Feminazi and horrible is the LLVM CoC:

Exactly which "political belief" does not agree with those points? I think even Nazis would agree that this is a OK list.
                  It's certainly not ok to demand everyone to be treated with equal respect, because respect is something you earn. The correct term for enforced respect is "fear".

More to the point you can't have a truly productive environment where all ideas are treated equally. Bad ideas should be rejected without fear of being punished for doing so. If you think your idea is good then it's up to you to convince me of that.

Also I think you may have forgotten how much the Nazis were into limiting free speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by nhaehnle View Post
                    Oh look, it's the peanut gallery!

I wonder how many people commenting here have actually contributed to LLVM

Why don't you all go back to pestering Michael about doing more benchmarks instead...
                    The issue everyone is commenting on isn't related to contributing to LLVM, so I don't think your comment makes sense. That being said, it made me laugh hard, so thanks (no sarcasm intended).

Comment

• Social Justice Warrior. Code of Conduct. Outreachy. Cultural Marxism. Political Correctness. Affirmative Action. Mental Illness USA.

Those whom the gods wish to destroy they first make mad.
                      -- anonymous ancient proverb

Comment

Working...
                      X