One Of LLVM's Top Contributors Quits Development Over CoC, Outreach Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AJenbo View Post
    So he basically didn't like that they where looking for new developers amongst specific groups?
    The common problem here is that such programs pull in the unqualified to meet program quotas. It can be extremely frustrating to work with idiots that are guaranteed a job no matter what their abilities. Frankly it sounds like his motivations here are due to working with such people.

Comment

• Originally posted by pal666 View Post
      but gsoc didn't exist some time ago
      Neither Google, besides, no time travel.
      but i can blame them for not offering that to non-students, can't i?
      No, because everyone can be a student. This is just a matter of timing.

Comment

• Originally posted by onicsis View Post
        Yes of course it's not hard quota, it's a soft quota.
        soft quota also exists only in your vivid imagination

Comment

• Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          No, because everyone can be a student. This is just a matter of timing.
          everyone can change sex and become female. so i guess outreachy is ok after all

Comment

• Originally posted by wizard69 View Post
            The common problem here is that such programs pull in the unqualified to meet program quotas. It can be extremely frustrating to work with idiots that are guaranteed a job no matter what their abilities. Frankly it sounds like his motivations here are due to working with such people.
            Unless the LLVM outreachy is actually a job and not a paid internship, the unqualified won't be "guaranteed a job"

It's still bullshit though, resources should be spent on whoever is the best programmer regardless, but it's not as bad as with jobs in companies where you have to live with idiots that were hired only because of stupid quota laws.

Comment

everyone can change sex and become female. so i guess outreachy is ok after all
              So can every black person become white (for example Micheael Jackson).

Forcing people to conform to your rules by spending large amounts of money is still discrimination.

Comment

you are just confusing llvm with outreachy. llvm has no quotas afaik. outreachy is nothing of your concern. if you think that outreachy sucks, don't join it - problem solved.
                What is or isn't my concern is for me to decide. You can shut up now, thanks.

Comment

so many anti-meritocrats are in universities?
                  at least you have no slightest idea what you are talking about. you are just producing purest garbage because your butt is hurting. communism is built on discriminating based on class. and by discriminating communism means killing all people from wrong classes.

get some education(maybe even at university) and stop making fool of yourself in public
                  one of many fun facts about stem field in communism https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lysenkoism
                  At least this is what media write about this subject, and certainly what hat US embassy (and others) dictates.

And so called "Red_Terror" was around the 1960s after has gradually passed to nationalist communism(against USSR) in opposition to the internationalist one, exported by Soviets. Most powerful person in communism was a women.

And about "the engineer woman", "the physicist woman", "the agronomist woman", "the teacher woman", "the programmer woman" and so on, I can talk from personal experience and direct contact with them, not from hearing from others. And were highly qualified (and dedicated) professionally and many emigrated (brain drain) in the West after 1990.

Comment

• I've said it before, I'll say it again - Outreach is a racist program.

If organizations want to be associated with racist programs, they're free to. But I'll never want to be involved with them.

Comment

• Originally posted by wagaf View Post

You still haven't given any example of totalitarian behavior at LLVM...

Is there a limited number of contributors allowed or something ?
                      I don't know, the current year is 2018 what are the rules on manpower these day's?

Comment

Working...
                      X