Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Void Linux Infrastructure In Limbo With Project Leader M.I.A.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Void Linux Infrastructure In Limbo With Project Leader M.I.A.

Phoronix: Void Linux Infrastructure In Limbo With Project Leader M.I.A.

The rolling-release Void Linux independent OS known for its XBPS package manager, use of Runit as an init system rather than systemd, LibreSSL rather than OpenSSL, and other offerings making this Linux distribution fairly different is in a bit of a trouble. The project leader of Void Linux is missing in action, making much of the project's infrastructure inaccessible...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Comment

So a distro named "Void" Linux had its maintainer go MIA?

I refuse to make jokes. It's just too easy.

Comment

This distro has unusually low bus factor. That's not good at all..

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but personally... I think it's too early to rule out alien abduction.

This is the project leader's github profile which reveals his name (Juan RP) and alias: https://github.com/xtraeme

A quick search will turn up what appears to be his Patreon account: https://www.patreon.com/xtraeme/overview

His Patreon account links to his youtube account: https://www.youtube.com/user/Xtraeme

One of his 3 "top videos" is titled "FAA Chief has visual, plane & ground radar proof of UFO". 7 more of his uploads are UFO related.

(seriously though: I hope the guy is OK. Void looks like a nice distribution)

Comment

It looks like the remaining contributors are going to make things better, that’s a good thing. Hopefully they won’t rely on centralized crap like github and google plus as much as before.

Comment

Sounds like it's time for a fork. I suggest Abyss Linux.

Comment

Heh, I guess it's a lesson best learned at this stage.

It should have been a bit obvious that having a single person be the ONLY one with the keys to all the infrastructure was a bad idea though, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by cybertraveler View Post
                  I don't know about you guys, but personally... I think it's too early to rule out alien abduction.
                  Pottering connection with Aliens confirmed.

Hang tight, Devuan "maintainers" are next.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                    Pottering connection with Aliens confirmed.

Hang tight, Devuan "maintainers" are next.
                    Plot thickens.

Comment

Working...
                    X