Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valve Acquires Campo Santo Game Studio

Phoronix: Valve Acquires Campo Santo Game Studio

While still hoping to see their new Artifact game this year, it seems Valve is serious after all about getting back into the gaming spirit. News coming out this weekend is that Valve has acquired the Campo Santo game studio and its developers will be joining Valve...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

turns out valve news network will still have worthwhile news to report after all
    Last edited by GunpowaderGuy; 22 April 2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

In the Valley of Gods will continue to be developed, now a Valve game.
      What is this supposed to say?

Comment

Originally posted by computerquip View Post
        What is this supposed to say?
        Campo Santo is working on the Valley of Gods game, but now as a Valve project.

Comment

I hope Campo Santo doesn't turn Valve into jerks. Cool to see Valve is looking to have a real new first-party game title, but I'm cautious about the cultural impact of doing so by acquisition.
          Last edited by microcode; 22 April 2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            While still hoping to see their new Artifact game this year
            I guarantee you NOBODY is hoping to see that. This is yogurt and eggs throwing material.

Comment

So that's five announced games in the pipeline. Artifact, 3 x VR games and Valley of Gods.

Comment

Firewatch was a cool idea but somehow it's been incompatible with my brain since I bought it... Like, I'm not able to go past the first 2hrs of gameplay before I get stuck for no reason and quit it...

Guess it's me being old...

​​​​​​Anyway, great news! More Volvo, more better!

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                  I guarantee you NOBODY is hoping to see that. This is yogurt and eggs throwing material.
                  Yup, only the most hardcore Valve fanboys were defending that. Everyone else was WTF!?!?!?

Comment

What did happen to Valve's game developers - They hired guys and their Project with Portal and Left 4 Dead, possibly more I don't remember now?
                    The only visible output from Valve for the last few years is that they are designing hats for their games.

Comment

Working...
                    X