Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA & Valve Are Among Those Backing X.Org's XDC2018

Phoronix: NVIDIA & Valve Are Among Those Backing X.Org's XDC2018

This year's X.Org Developers' Conference (XDC2018) has already received some big name sponsors...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

even though they tend to not get much credit due to their main drivers being closed-source.
    They would get credit if driver was actually complete. Optimus laptops still broken to this day.

Comment

You're not fooling anyone Nvidia

Comment

hey, cool in Europe! I could actually just drive there ,-)

Comment

How dare a evil company support open source software? Or maybe they are not as bad as the communitied makes them look?

Comment

Gogogo Nvidia make automatic memory reclocking work for Nouveau and you will get tons of Linux friends!
            Valve is awesome anyway -> they will change everything!

Comment

Originally posted by beer119 View Post
              How dare a evil company support open source software? Or maybe they are not as bad as the communitied makes them look?
              Well with the GPP debacle it's seems a bit of a stretch to agree with you. So I would say they still have to show a better commitment to the consumers than what they have shown so far.

And welcome to the forum.

Kind regards
              B.

Comment

I for one I don't really have a problem with Nvidia's closed drivers; what I have a problem with is the potential reason why they're backing this. Nvidia is invested in Linux because it is profitable to them, and with AMD's drivers catching up real fast, Nvidia needs to put more effort in than they used to. But the thing is, Nvidia is notorious for their arrogance and non-compliance - this is what Linus' famous quote was all about. I wonder if Nvidia is backing this only because they want to push their way of doing things, rather than the way the community wants to do things. Like "I gave you money so now you have to listen to me". Even today, Nvidia is still causing Wayland headaches.

Comment

The correct name of the city is "A Coruña".

Comment

Originally posted by Naquatis View Post
                    Gogogo Nvidia make automatic memory reclocking work for Nouveau
                    How would they do that when even the clock management of their blob driver is total crap?

Comment

Working...
                    X