Minimalistic Code of Conduct

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimalistic Code of Conduct

Ok. This may seem like a bit of trolling (it's not. Or at least not intentionally) but this morning, on my ride to work, I thought about all these multi-paragraph Codes of Conduct popping up lately, the drama they cause (see FreeBSD's "HugGate") and what I'd personally like to see with my own software projects instead (mind you. I'm the kind of person who chooses BSD over GPL not because I don't like the tenants of the GPL but because of the insane word count. I like efficiency).

This is when I came up with this little "nugget".

Am I naive? Do we really need to treat each other like idiots who need long winded instructions in order to know/understand not how to act like utter dicks?
    I'm slowly starting to understand that humanity is pretty much on a downward slope, as far as critical thinking or even just general comprehension are concerned. But do people honestly believe "ELIA5ing" human interaction will help to resolve that?

I guess in a future iteration I could go as far as to add "Accept people's boundaries." but that's as "wordy" as a Code of Conduct should get, IMHO.

No "micro-agressions" or "passive-aggressive hugs" here...
Working...
X