• Show
Clear All

itunes?

Comment

Metal on Android? What means embedded?

Comment

On first april i might only buy Gnome 3

Comment

I have a feeling that there aren't that many experienced embedded BSD or Darwin/iOS/tvOS/watchOS developers out there looking for a job, so if Apple wants people who can do embedded OS work for iOS and it's watchOS and and tvOS forks, embedded Linux kernel developers are a good place to start.

Comment

No one has really cared about unix for a long time anyway. POSIX-compatibility is something you might care about

Comment

To all the people saying they put out these ads because they just need competent kernel developers and there aren't enough in the BSD/Darwin community:

That makes absolutely no sense!

If Apple was looking for people working on Darwin, they'd hire people already invested in Darwin. Not people who'd spend the first two months reading up on all the differences between Linux and the XNU kernel.

Comment

Last edited by k1e0x; 05 April 2018, 09:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post

I don't know why you think Linux is the only OS that has a future. Linux is basically abandoning is server roots in favor of being an embedded OS. Unix has clearly shown it was the right way to do servers so if Linux doesn't want to be like Unix anymore and follow the Unix philosophy then I'm not sure what it will become.. People have been citing the death of Unix since the 90's.. yet it's still here alive and well and maybe more popular that ever.
                  What makes you say that?

Comment

Don't they [Apple] now completely develop their own SoCs - including graphics core?

Maybe they plan to sell/license some of them to competitors and need provide drivers for Linux/Android?

Comment

Originally posted by k1e0x View Post
                      I don't know why you think Linux is the only OS that has a future. Linux is basically abandoning is server roots in favor of being an embedded OS. Unix has clearly shown it was the right way to do servers so if Linux doesn't want to be like Unix anymore and follow the Unix philosophy then I'm not sure what it will become.. People have been citing the death of Unix since the 90's.. yet it's still here alive and well and maybe more popular that ever.
                      FIY: FreeBSD is as Unix-like as Linux is, systemd on Linux is following Unix principles more than SysvInit ever did.

What are these "Unix systems that follow Unix phylosophy that are still alive and well"?

Comment

Working...
                      X