Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ToDo and other utility synchronization without Internet usage

Hi all,

is there an open-source alternative for ToDo, Calendar, Contacts or other utilities that does not use the Internet, at least not solely, for synchronization?

Those applications are both very important and privacy-sensitive, so I wondered why there are no known applications that use Bluetooth or local WiFi for sync.

Like, edit your contacts or calendar entries on your phone, and when you are near your computer, it syncs with the computer over Bluetooth.

Since the applications I named are pretty personal, I don't think anyone is going to share them with someone else in the sense of having a shared contact list or shared calendar of a single person. So, why are they synced over the Internet without any end-to-end encryption and why are there no alternatives?

Every application I know, be it from the GNOME, the KDE or any other camp, offers either only offline usage or sync over third-party services without end-to-end encryption.

Do you know any alternative?

Are you interested in starting a project and what would be required in terms of components?

Reserved for later usage.

Comment

The only alternative I can think of is having a Nextcloud instance with E2E encryption enabled and syncing a shared ToDo.txt, but this is obviously pretty non-integrated and only for ToDo.

Comment

Working...
      X