No announcement yet.

Debian Project Leader Elections 2018 Has One Candidate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i find it worrying that there is no one stepping up to this position.

no contest doesn't necessarily mean that the person given the position in question is the best one for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami View Post
      Them crazies has not yet started to enforce it?
      No, because it's a bunch of alt-right BS you dreamed up in your head. Have fun at your next neo-nazi rally.

Comment

i can understand the women problem- even thought i think it needs to be addressed at a basic level- school and education and not after, but.. How do you discriminate towards minorirty on a.. MAILING LIST?? can people tell if someone has a "strange"skin color by what? Do they write in italics? do they have such and irresistible urge to use slang? i'm curious..

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

No, because it's a bunch of alt-right BS you dreamed up in your head. Have fun at your next neo-nazi rally.
          You're living in an one sided dream world, or you're a bad troll. Ouch, both options suck.

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Ah, the Hitler Card, but so quick and with next to no pre-effort? I sense there is a huge regression in mental capabilities in current generation. Oh well, but that explains their agenda: skills should not matter, only gender and sexual preferences should matter.

At first we were commies because we promoted and raised Free Software. Now we are neo-nazies because we still believe that it is skills what should matter. Do you know what? You are more close to nazies because it is you who claim that gender, sexual preferences and colour should matter. It is you who do segregation.

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
              i can understand the women problem- even thought i think it needs to be addressed at a basic level- school and education and not after, but.. How do you discriminate towards minorirty on a.. MAILING LIST?? can people tell if someone has a "strange"skin color by what? Do they write in italics? do they have such and irresistible urge to use slang? i'm curious..
              Well, lets help them since I have found them to be seriously challenged in many ways, lacking creativity for example. If there is a problem, a creative engineer finds a solution. First, lets analyze what is the exact problem. The problem is that there are too many white males in mailing lists. The consequence of said problem is that white males are represented more than females and people with alternative sexual preferences and identities. White males get more attention than minorities. So we need to address the consequence to make things right because we can't address the problem. Also, addressing the problem is so old school

Mailing lists must be changed in a way that minorities can mark themselves to be a member of some minority. After that all their posts will be flagged as "written by very important minority, so the post holds special knowledge the majority can't have". Ok, looks fine, but it does not exactly address the consequence of minorities getting less attention overall than majorities. So we must make a special minority quota where majority needs to read and answer 1:1 to postings made by minorities before they can read postings made by majority. For example, you must read 10 minority postings before you can read 10 majority postings. You must answer to 10 minority postings before you can answer to 10 majority postings. To make that possible the forum software must track you and feed you with the correct ratio of minority/majority posts, inform you of your quota, and prohibit you from giving too much attention to postings made by majority by not letting you to reply to postings made by majority until you have replied to required minority postings.

Ok, the consequence of minorities not getting as much attention as majorities in mailing lists is pretty much solved now. The actual problem has not been solved, though, but I guess minorities will come with some sort of Final Solution to this "problem"

Comment

Originally posted by deant View Post
                I dunno if it is the leader, but debian is stable even in SID mode. I use combination of jessy, buster and sid on various machines in my company and i cannot complain. Nobody is perfect yes, but I am happy with Debian as it is!
                GTFO, the article was about race, stay on topic

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                  i find it worrying that there is no one stepping up to this position.

no contest doesn't necessarily mean that the person given the position in question is the best one for the job.
                  Yeah, you are right. Democracy has strength in that the leaders can be easily replaced when better leaders are found. I would call that as hacker optimal. Now better candidate or candidates has not been found, so the development has ceased in that sense.

Comment

Nazis claimed that jews are to be blamed of defeat in WW1, jews are to be blamed of bad economy, jews are to be blamed of corruption, and in general jews are to be blamed of anything and that there are too many jews, which is a big problem and need to be addressed.

Novadays crazies blame that white hetero men are a problem, and that there are too many white hetero men. I say that white hetero men are not a problem. I recommend each and every white hetero male to go take a look at a mirror and ask am I a problem. If unsure, call your momma and ask are you a problem. You momma will certainly tell you the truth.

Stop disrespecting yourself. Especially in software development you are an asset, and companies and organizations should begin to treat you as such. The real problem are people who claim that sexual preferences or gender is what makes you a better or worse human. If a company or organization pushes agendas where white hetero males are a problem, then stand up and demand an explanation why you would be a problem. If white hetero males are still considered to be a problem, then consider going to work for some other company, which does not behave like you would be a problem. It is their loss if you change who you work for, not your loss. If white hetero males are a problem, then help them have a smaller problem and quit. Problem solved.
                    Last edited by moilami; 12 March 2018, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by InsideJob View Post

Looks like there are a bunch of brainwashed zombies here who have been watching too much fake news. Nazis weren't alt-right or plain right or anything else rightish. Nazis were leftists. PERIOD!
                      Shows how much you know about the issue of Nazi Germany . ( disclaimer: I'm german) . The people driving Nazi Germany in the background, since even before 1933 , were industrialist. The Nazi's were not only antisemitic , but anticommunist . Communist, Social Democrats , Liberals (in the european sense), Atheists (if they were opposed to Hitler) Homosexuals, Sinti and Roma, a few selected Christians with a conscience not to be quiet when witnessing injustice, and of course PoW's and people of Jewish religion or family history were all together in the prisons and camps. And I probably forgot a few groups here.
                      The few left policies enacted where just done to keep the masses quiet but not out of conviction. But who claim that the Nazi were lefitst, usually don't need a proof for there conviction.

But in the end , like always on this Topic, the Trolls have taken over the asylum. Programs like outreachy are not designed to force people into programs, or prevent others but to encourage groups , who might not have the same opportunities in school to contribute. Only in the mind of a few , this has something to do with discrimination against themselves.

But in the end all of this (include my post) is seriously offtopic here.

Comment

Working...
                      X