No announcement yet.

Debian Project Leader Elections 2018 Has One Candidate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno if it is the leader, but debian is stable even in SID mode. I use combination of jessy, buster and sid on various machines in my company and i cannot complain. Nobody is perfect yes, but I am happy with Debian as it is!

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
      How did you get "no whites allowed" out of this?
      In Lamb's wiki page about his promises for 2017 there was a thing about making a Debian version of Outreachy.

And we all know what Outreachy is.

Although I didn't see that happening in 2017, Debian still does not have its own Outreachy, they just participate in it. So it's hard to say what Lamb actually meant.

What he wrote isn't specific enough to start flaming him, imho.

Thirdly, I will create our own outreach initiative. The Outreachy project has been incredibly successful both in involving new developers under-represented in free software but also as a marketing coup for the GNOME project. Whilst a Debian-specific enterprise could not be as comprehensive, it would give us more flexibility in the manner of contributions as well as underline Debian's dedication to "universality" in all its forms with the public at large.

Especially the last sentence (flexibility on contributions and dedication to unversality) may be read as "debian's won't be a woman/trans/genderfluid/qeer/attack-helicopter or US-minority-only affair", but it's not 100% certain.
      Last edited by starshipeleven; 11 March 2018, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post

I am not trolling. Outreachy is bigoted beyond reason, and 'no whites allowed' is quite simple: in outreachy and chris lamb's minds, "diversity" is anything BUT whitey.

edit: I didn't register an account here to only comment on this. I comment on other topics too. jesus christ.
        *Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
          In Lamb's wiki page about his promises for 2017 there was a thing about making a Debian version of Outreachy.

And we all know what Outreachy is.
          So what? Even if you don't like Outreachy, supporting it does not make one a "no whites allowed bigot."

Comment

Originally posted by WolfpackN64 View Post
            *Jesus Christ.

Comment

So what? Even if you don't like Outreachy, supporting it does not make one a "no whites allowed bigot."
              Yeah, he forgot the *male in there.

People fully supporting Outreachy are "no white males allowed bigot."

Because as long as you are a female, you identify as female, our you are queer/genderfluid/attack-helicopter you can still participate even if you are white.

Still, as I said in my post (I edited it just after posting to clarify, maybe you missed it), it's unclear how much he wants to go the Outreachy route or if Debian's version of it is not bigot bullshit.

Comment

Up to 15th DebConf was 9 times in Europe:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian...ence#Locations

That 60%ish is what means how Debian needs diversity (so we got "First time in Africa" in 2016. and this year will be ""First time in Asia"), up to that point last year it was kind of "one year in Europe and another somewhere else" scheme... and of course linux is most (by percentage) used in Europe, easy to guess why

Even linux steam users shows this large dispoportion of linux usage (chinese low ), to not mention other statistic - "most in Europe least in Oceania" is an general rule of thumb

Diveristy here really means - no one stops you to contribute, whoever you are wherever you are. And of course among Europe and Oceania shouldn't be disproportions, but among none else in between too
                Last edited by dungeon; 11 March 2018, 03:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
                  People fully supporting Outreachy are "no white males allowed bigot."
                  LMAO. That's ridiculous.

Comment

WTF are you talking about? Where are you getting this stuff?
                    Them crazies has not yet started to enforce it? Oh, this is good news, but maybe next year then

I can give you some new ideas too, how about this: is it not totally unfair and patriarchal if, for example, a male can be two times in a row a project leader of Debian? Just imagine how unfair! Should it not be changed in a way that every second term a female must be chosen? Of course this should apply to the society as a whole, so that always after male president a female president can only be elected

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                      Up to 15th DebConf was 9 times in Europe:

Diveristy here really means - no one stops you to contribute, whoever you are wherever you are. And of course among Europe and Oceania shouldn't be disproportions, but among none else in between too
                      When I was active with Debian about 15 years ago people of colour contributed and disabled people contributed, for example I personally knew cerebral palsy Debian dev. It was a standard that nothing else mattered other than what skills you have, (if we forget Vi vs Emacs holy wars and Stallman vs Raymond camps Those were the golden times Current wars are shit and made up

Comment

Working...
                      X