Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Debian Project Leader Elections 2018 Has One Candidate

Phoronix: Debian Project Leader Elections 2018 Has One Candidate

It looks like current Debian Project Leader Chris Lamb will be serving another term...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Thirdly, I will create our own outreach initiative. The Outreachy project has been incredibly successful both in involving new developers under-represented in free software but also as a marketing coup for the GNOME project. Whilst a Debian-specific enterprise could not be as comprehensive, it would give us more flexibility in the manner of contributions as well as underline Debian's dedication to "universality" in all its forms with the public at large.
    The no whites allowed bigot stands unchallenged, this is sad.

Comment

Debian has something in common with Soviet-Russia

Comment

Originally posted by nll_a

What do you mean? Like "In Debian, GNU/Linux reaches YOU!" or something?

Striving for diversity is great. I support this initiative.
        This nonsense isn't about 'diversity of thought', it's simply about arbitrary elements, i.e. skin color.

Comment

Originally posted by Redfoxmoon View Post
          To begin with, developers are not "representatives" so the whole "under-represented" argument is nonsensical.

Comment

Originally posted by nll_a

What do you mean? Like "In Debian, GNU/Linux reaches YOU!" or something?

Striving for diversity is great. I support this initiative.
            I meant that there is only one candidate to be a project leader, like Putin for president.

Anyway, just curious, can you explain what all this nonsense about "diversity" is? I have grown to not care how people look or what they think, as long as they don't begin to force feed their ideals to other people, especially to me. I find it very strange that suddenly there must be 1/2 women and 1/2 people of colour everywhere, especially so since they are required only because of gender and because of colour.

Comment

Your post history is hilarious. You registered an account on here just to troll about Chris Lamb and Outreachy?

philosophical, technical and social diversity
              How did you get "no whites allowed" out of this?

Comment

Or is there some sort of movement that want to enforce to (imaginary) Debian Desktop Committee 50/50 male and female developers? And what about people of colour, 50 % of said males and females must be people of colour? Talking about which, is it not brutally unfair to categorize whites as one group and all other colours in the same group? Is it not unfair to the sub groups in people of colour group?

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post

Your post history is hilarious. You registered an account on here just to troll about Chris Lamb and Outreachy?

How did you get "no whites allowed" out of this?
                  I am not trolling. Outreachy is bigoted beyond reason, and 'no whites allowed' is quite simple: in outreachy and chris lamb's minds, "diversity" is anything BUT whitey.

edit: I didn't register an account here to only comment on this. I comment on other topics too. jesus christ.

Comment

Originally posted by moilami
                    Or is there some sort of movement that want to enforce to (imaginary) Debian Desktop Committee 50/50 male and female developers? And what about people of colour, 50 % of said males and females must be people of colour?
                    WTF are you talking about? Where are you getting this stuff?

edit: I didn't register an account here to only comment on this. I comment on other topics too. jesus christ.
                    Sure you do. But it's funny that you were spouting the same "no whites allowed" nonsense when Chris Lamb ran last year.

Comment

Working...
                    X