Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CSD Initiative Is Pushing For Apps To Abandon Title Bars In Favor Of Header Bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nll_a
    If they want devs to jump into their bandwagon, then they should start by making a CSD switch in their applications so that they are optional and can be turned off by other desktop environments and the people who hate them. First show some good faith to people if you want them to play along with you.
    since most of gnome apps this days have best alternatives this is not a problem

Comment

Wish Calum Benson was in charge with GNOME 3 UX, he was a Principal UX Designer at Oracle and knew what he was doing, incidentally GNOME 2 under Solaris is the most sane looking GUI yet to be seen. Also wish Unity was still actively developed, it was great. Why GNOME3 chose to shove Tablet-like UI to Desktop users is beyond me.

Comment

I like CSDs, and I find Gnome 3's interface excellent.

Comment

Sickening.

Comment

Gnome looks really neat and user friendly already. The devs should stop putting all their resources into making it nicer and start looking into fixing its miserable animation performance. Seriously, it's 2018, less than 60fps is not acceptable nowadays, not for simple window animations.

Comment

It looks good. But these apps are often pretty horrible to use, IMO. That is, if you need to use them regularly.

Where is the work on DWD, again?

Comment

Originally posted by nll_a
                If they want devs to jump into their bandwagon, then they should start by making a CSD switch in their applications so that they are optional and can be turned off by other desktop environments and the people who hate them. First show some good faith to people if you want them to play along with you.
                We both know this is impossible, GNOME can't have user-accessible settings. It might be in an extension though.

Comment

I have always suspected that gnome is either MS funded project or gnome decisions makers abuse some strong substances...

Comment

Originally posted by edmon View Post
                    I have always suspected that gnome is either MS funded project or gnome decisions makers abuse some strong substances...
                    There once was a KDE vs GNOME cartoon, where all the GNOME developers were doing drugs and listing to electronic music, and the KDE developers were all wearing suits and sitting in a sterile office.

Supposedly both were said to be accurate representation of then Ximian and KDAB offices.

Comment

GNOME is the most popular DE in linux desktop world, so belittling it becomes some peopleā€˜s political correctness.

Comment

Working...
                      X