No announcement yet.

More Pre-4.15 AMDGPU DC Patches To Test Out This Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm more interested in AMD Powerplay - support for my R9 390 has been broken for the past 3 months. And still no fix in sight.....

Comment

Originally posted by Morbis55 View Post
      I am only waiting for goddamn Freesync ...
      freesync is not implemented in userspace. because nobody decided how to implement it

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
        Adaptive Sync only works on Display Port, you know VESA folks, they are not living in the real world)
        those bad vesa people, refusing to bribe hdmi forum to release new hdmi standard with adaptive sync, lol

Comment

Originally posted by sandy8925 View Post
          I'm more interested in AMD Powerplay - support for my R9 390 has been broken for the past 3 months. And still no fix in sight.....
          I'm not sure but this was a very clean powerplay clean up that landed in drm-next this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
            those bad vesa people, refusing to bribe hdmi forum to release new hdmi standard with adaptive sync, lol
            That's just one reason to always buy a monitor with both DP/HDMI inputs.

Comment

FreeSync extended Adaptive Sync (and ported it over HDMI, as Adaptive Sync only works on Display Port, you know VESA folks, they are not living in the real world), and put more stringent quality standards.
              VESA folks certainly do live in the real world, they are the standardisation body for Display Port, the interface meant to be used by computers to display pixel perfect images on monitors.

HDMI on the other hand is an interface standardized by the Hollywood Mafia to display a blurry version of the input signal so that encoding artifacts are less visible. And only the Hollywood Mafia can standardize Adaptive Sync for HDMI, and they sort of did, HDMI 2.1 supports something similar and they call it "Game Mode VRR (Variable Refresh Rate)".

So any company that wants to make something similar must make their own XXXSync implementation (especially for HDMI).
              Noone needs to name their implementation differently, it's just that AMD implemented FreeSync before it was standardized and decided to keep the name. When Intel will implement it they will probably just claim support for DP "Adaptive Sync" and HDMI "Game Mode VRR" (unless their marketing department decides it's a good idea to add yet another brand name to this technology to increase confusion).

Comment

Working...
              X