Raspberry Pi 7" Touch Panel, SiI9234 To Be Supported By Linux 4.15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi 7" Touch Panel, SiI9234 To Be Supported By Linux 4.15

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi 7" Touch Panel, SiI9234 To Be Supported By Linux 4.15

Daniel Vetter has sent in the latest feature pull request of new drm-misc-next material for staging in DRM-Next ahead of the Linux 4.15 kernel cycle...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I got excited for a second, but then i checked the price of such a display, and it is 2-3 times more expensive than a fair price would be.

Comment

Let me offer a different opinion:

Too small & cheap. Can't touch my Nitrogen6x with 10" display.
      Last edited by andreano; 13 October 2017, 05:07 PM.

Comment

I'm pretty sure that there is some USB/HDMI 10'' touchscreen (i.e. no drivers required) around for less than 70$ on ebay/aliexpress.

Comment

Originally posted by andreano View Post
          Too small & cheap. Can't touch my Nitrogen6x with 10" display.
          Too small & cheap. Can't touch my IBM Power 16-core server with 4K OLED curved holographic floating screen.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Can't touch my IBM Power 16-core server with 4K OLED curved holographic floating screen.
            Too small & cheap. Can't touch the fusion powered 96m 512k laser-backlit drive-in cinema matrix I've lined my room (/parent's garage) with.

Comment

Announced today: The new Pi-Top modular laptop: 14″ Display
              Last edited by andreano; 13 October 2017, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by varikonniemi View Post
                I got excited for a second, but then i checked the price of such a display, and it is 2-3 times more expensive than a fair price would be.
                Part of the reason of cost is it's the *only* screen that works with the Raspberry Pi DSI port, (I believe due to proprietary mumbojumbo). All other LCD screens use either the GPIO connector, USB or HDMI all which have certain limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by tweak42 View Post
                  Part of the reason of cost is it's the *only* screen that works with the Raspberry Pi DSI port, (I believe due to proprietary mumbojumbo). All other LCD screens use either the GPIO connector, USB or HDMI all which have certain limitations.
                  More like the *only* screen that works with the DSI port with a opensource driver.

There are loads of sellers that advertise a screen that works with raspi and their own raspbian blobbed kernel.

Comment

What saddens me about the Raspberry Pi is that is has a perfectly working video accelerator (the VideoCore IV) and yet Xorg is still unaccelerated and you have to rely on tricks for wither accelerated video playback or OpenGL rendering. See for example https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/v...?f=28&t=182960 and

Comment

Working...
                    X