XDC2017 Kicks Off With X.Org, Wayland & Graphics Talks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

Whats there to talk about? Recent versions of the -intel, -ati, -amdgpu and -modesettig ddx drivers all enable DRI3 be default with xserver >= 1.18.3.
    I've been running amd and intel hardware with DRI3 without issues for a while now.
    I thought that all drivers still used DRI2 due to bugs and instability with DRI3.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post

Michael has a wife who is a software developer as he's stated many times before, and to my knowledge he doesn't have kids (he's never mentioned them anyway), so his site wouldn't exactly be in jeopardy even if his income was $0. Besides it's not as if debianxfce and other adblocking users aren't paying anything, he's paying in the form of forum posts that increase thread length, which increases the number of pages which increases the number of ad hits by people not using adblock.

Also being that this was a free conference inside the US this year I find it somewhat hard to believe he couldn't afford to go to XDC this year, instead of simply not wanting to go. We're talking ~$300 for a round trip flight according to Google and then it's whatever he wants to make of expenses of staying there. Sure not cheap, but with ~$90k/year (median salary of a software developer) + whatever/year Michael makes running this site... I'm sure he had no problems affording it if he had wanted to go.
      That's right! Michael, you need to release you tax returns so we can judge you and your actions based solely on your income! /s

Comment

Originally posted by Masush5 View Post

Whats there to talk about? Recent versions of the -intel, -ati, -amdgpu and -modesettig ddx drivers all enable DRI3 be default with xserver >= 1.18.3.
        I've been running amd and intel hardware with DRI3 without issues for a while now.
        Do you happen to know of a reliable way of finding out if DRI3 is actually used? The Xorg logs are verry confusing, and my impression is that while DRI3 is enabled it is not used:

X.Org X Server 1.19.3
        Release Date: 2017-03-15

[ 41.168] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
        [ 41.168] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
        [ 41.168] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
        [ 41.177] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
        [ 41.391] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
        [ 41.533] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
        [ 41.533] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: r600
        [ 41.533] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] VDPAU driver: r600
        [ 41.533] (==) RADEON(0): DRI3 enabled
        [ 41.553] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0

Comment

Originally posted by Ansla View Post

Do you happen to know of a reliable way of finding out if DRI3 is actually used? The Xorg logs are verry confusing, and my impression is that while DRI3 is enabled it is not used:

X.Org X Server 1.19.3
          Release Date: 2017-03-15

[ 41.168] (II) Loading sub module "dri2"
          [ 41.168] (II) LoadModule: "dri2"
          [ 41.168] (II) Module "dri2" already built-in
          [ 41.177] (II) glamor: OpenGL accelerated X.org driver based.
          [ 41.391] (II) glamor: EGL version 1.4 (DRI2):
          [ 41.533] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] Setup complete
          [ 41.533] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] DRI driver: r600
          [ 41.533] (II) RADEON(0): [DRI2] VDPAU driver: r600
          [ 41.533] (==) RADEON(0): DRI3 enabled
          [ 41.553] (II) GLX: Initialized DRI2 GL provider for screen 0
          Yeah, you can run "LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxgears" or any other gl app with the env var set.
          There just seems to be some confusing nomenclature going on, i'm pretty sure it uses DRI3 in your case.

Comment

Working...
          X