X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by brent View Post
    If you think that there'll be a general switch to Wayland any time soon, you're deluded.
    haters are gonna hate.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post
    Wikipedia says initial release was on February 9, 2012. But nice forward looking if indeed it lacks HDR support.
    Technically speaking, that's a compositor thing, so it's the compositor that needs to be FP16-aware and translate lower stuff to FP16, Wayland per-se is indifferent to this.
    see https://wiki.gnome.org/Initiatives/HDR
    and page 16 of these slides (from NVIDIA) https://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC201...c-2016-hdr.pdf

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by carewolf View Post

Wayland is 10 years old, and no it doesn't
    Wikipedia says initial release was on February 9, 2012. But nice forward looking if indeed it lacks HDR support.

Leave a comment:

• carewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by bug77 View Post

Wayland is brand new, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have HDR support built in. This is about expanding support to X.
    Wayland is 10 years old, and no it doesn't

Leave a comment:

• andrei_me
    replied
    Hope this work can be handled like glvnd instead of EGL Streams

Leave a comment:

• brent
    replied
    If you think that there'll be a general switch to Wayland any time soon, you're deluded.

Leave a comment:

• M@GOid
    replied
    I hope that this do not result in another fiasco that was the EGL drama.

Leave a comment:

• bug77
    replied
    Originally posted by GruenSein View Post

I was just going to say: A more forward looking approach would be to work on this for Wayland (and preferably sort out their alternate Wayland implementation first). Either this will be ready fairly soon or it will have a pretty short lifetime with the forseeable switch to wayland.
    Wayland is brand new, I'd be surprised if it doesn't have HDR support built in. This is about expanding support to X.

Leave a comment:

• GruenSein
    replied
    Originally posted by chuckula View Post
    Good to see multiple contributors working to get HDR implemented. Hopefully at least some of this work provides an infrastructure that is useful for Wayland too.
    I was just going to say: A more forward looking approach would be to work on this for Wayland (and preferably sort out their alternate Wayland implementation first). Either this will be ready fairly soon or it will have a pretty short lifetime with the forseeable switch to wayland.

Leave a comment:

• chuckula
    replied
    Good to see multiple contributors working to get HDR implemented. Hopefully at least some of this work provides an infrastructure that is useful for Wayland too.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X