Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ownaginatious
    replied
    sigh the RX 480 I bought just for the DAL/DC features is getting close to a year old now. If I remember correctly, the original estimate for getting support merged was the end of that summer -.-

Hopefully we hear something official soon.

Leave a comment:

• Space Heater
    replied
    From my understanding, we haven't heard anything from AMD devs regarding a target release to merge. I don't think it's reasonable to expect 4.13, 4.14, or even 4.15. We also don't know if DC will be flat-out rejected like it was last time they attempted a merge since they've not yet had a request for comments in a long time from upstream.

Leave a comment:

• J?rnS
    replied
    Unfortunately, I am too dumb to package and build a kernel for Debian :-(

​​​​

Leave a comment:

• Nille_kungen
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chewi
    replied
    I still haven't been able to get surround with the amd-staging kernel. I haven't gotten around to filing a good bug report about it yet. It wasn't the only issue either, last time I tried it, the screen refresh seemed to get stuck.

Leave a comment:

• Veto
    replied
    The most frustrating aspect to me about lack of DC is no HDMI/DP audio on AMDGPU for recent Radeon GPUs.
    This! Go, go, go, AMD

Leave a comment:

• phoronix
    started a topic 31 More AMDGPU DC/DAL Patches Enter The Queue

31 More AMDGPU DC/DAL Patches Enter The Queue

Phoronix: 31 More AMDGPU DC/DAL Patches Enter The Queue

AMD's Harry Wentland has sent out the latest round of patches to the yet-to-be-merged DC display stack (formerly known as "DAL") for the AMDGPU kernel driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite
Working...
X