OpenChrome X.Org Driver Updated With Better Support For Old VIA Hardware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenChrome X.Org Driver Updated With Better Support For Old VIA Hardware

Phoronix: OpenChrome X.Org Driver Updated With Better Support For Old VIA Hardware

Kevin Brace, the sole remaining main contributor to the OpenChrome project, has announced version 0.6 of the xf86-video-openchrome driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

From the NEWS file of the 0.6 release:

+- KMS support
    + (Kernel Mode Setting; requires the use of still in
    + development KMS supporting OpenChrome DRM. See "Where to Obtain
    + OpenChrome Source Code" section for more details.)
    +OpenChrome DRM (Direct Rendering Manager) module source code
    +repository is located at.
    +https://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/drm-openchrome/
    Which is seeing a slow but steady stream of changes (OK, maybe not so slow for a single hobbyist develeoper).

Comment

It's actually a little sad that he's working alone in this field, but I'm glad someone still cares for the elderly but still useful hardware. It's better than having to use a VESA driver on these chips.
      Well, even a certain libv showed up the last months on the openchrome-devel mailing list, but there wasn't really much contribution from that side as far as I can judge that.
      Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

It's actually a little sad that he's working alone in this field, but I'm glad someone still cares for the elderly but still useful hardware.
        Still useful?
        To hell VIA and it's crap.

Comment

Working...
        X