Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.19.1 For Testing On Arch, Libinput X.Org Driver To Be Used By Default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ⲣⲂaggins View Post

By 'support' I take it you mean 'ability to configure', not 'use as input driver'?

I'm also having a hard time believing what you wrote, as the workaround with xinput set-prop wouldn't make sense in that case.
    You are correct, kcm works just fine under X.

Comment

Bloody hell, now Debian testing changed as well. Gone is the xinput2 scrolling distance setting, no more smooth wheel scrolling (no, changing udev hwdb settings does nothing).

Comment

For KDE you have this: https://github.com/amezin/pointing-devices-kcm

Comment

Originally posted by pejakm View Post
          Last commit was in 2015. Not that I particularly care about KDE, but does that thing still work?
          Last edited by GrayShade; 16 January 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

What's this?

It doesn't exist if you use libinput. In system settings -> input devices, the mouse icon is missing:

You can only configure keyboard and joystick. Not the mouse.

Comment

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
              It doesn't exist if you use libinput. In system settings -> input devices, the mouse icon is missing:

http://i.imgur.com/91Z3J5Dm.png

I don't have that problem in xorg+synaptics nor wayland+libinput, so must be something else.

Comment

As the prior poster noted, it must be something else. I'm (exclusively) using the libinput xorg driver and I have the keyboard, mouse, joystick and touchpad all present.

In addition, on my laptop (which is also exclusively using the libinput driver for the varing input devices), the touchpad sensitivity slider setting works (which I know others have reported to be greyed out whether in the systemsettings or the kcm).

Last edited by Tyler_K; 17 January 2017, 12:18 AM.

Comment

I don't have that problem in xorg+synaptics nor wayland+libinput, so must be something else.
                  Did you recompile? If not, then that means you're using a binary that was built against evdev.

Building KDE without evdev support results in no mouse options.

Comment

Did you recompile? If not, then that means you're using a binary that was built against evdev.

Building KDE without evdev support results in no mouse options.
                    I'm not familiar with the compilation of it, but are you talking build options for evdev the xorg input driver or against evdev the protocol? If the latter, it would be surprising if it worked with any input device afterwards (i.e. you want the evdev protocol)

Comment

Working...
                    X