X.Org Server 1.20 "Shrimp & Grits" Open For Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
    I would like to see tons of code removal.
    I would like to see DRI1 and DRI2 removed. I would to see legacy graphics and input stacks removed, so there is only one graphics architecture model and one input stack.

I think as much as possible should be stripped out. To make it easier to maintain, a smaller attack surface, easier to audit, and be more minimalist, faster, leaner, cleaner.
    Strip out legacy modules.
    Maybe have some special build with only DRI3, Present, GLAMOR and xf86-video-modesetting.
    All good ideas. Removing code is still the number one way to improve it.

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post
      All good ideas. Removing code is still the number one way to improve it. /sarcasm
      fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post

radeon is also more stable with dri2, but devs decided to enable it by default regardless
        What instability are you seeing with DRI3? Is there a bug report about it?

Comment

Originally posted by MrCooper View Post
          What instability are you seeing with DRI3? Is there a bug report about it?
          Some has reports like this one for flash:

And random one like with iortcw game, available in Debian even:

That one flickers like crazy once in game LIBGL_DRI3_DISABLE=1 fixes it or with R600_DEBUG=no2d

Things like that

Comment

BTW, amdgpu-pro does not show these issues with DRI3 so i guess prob is likely in mesa side of dri3 support... well or some kind of regression somewhere in the meantime

Comment

Working...
            X