Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Explicit Fencing For Atomic DRM Drivers Coming In Linux 4.10

Phoronix: Explicit Fencing For Atomic DRM Drivers Coming In Linux 4.10

Adding to the list of new features coming for Linux 4.10 is support for explicit fencing for atomic DRM drivers...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

More importantly Mario's patch has just landed in 4.9 to allow for tear free prime offloading between Intel and AMDGPU drivers

Comment

Ok, answer if you know, what kernel version & nvidia driver version combo will allow optimus tear free rendering? Or is it not done yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
        More importantly Mario's patch has just landed in 4.9 to allow for tear free prime offloading between Intel and AMDGPU drivers
        Holy moly. 4.9 release can't come fast enough.

Could you point me to the commit/merge/whatever that indicates that the patch has landed? I don't really know where to look

Comment

Originally posted by cip91 View Post

Holy moly. 4.9 release can't come fast enough.

Could you point me to the commit/merge/whatever that indicates that the patch has landed? I don't really know where to look
          It's here: https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/ke...eba7da65a446a7 it's also being added to 4.4 & 4.8 but it's not landed yet, plus I'm not sure how useful that'll be as I think i915 fencing only landed in 4.9 - but it's useful for radeon / amdgpu systems

There's also a patch on the mesa mailing list so radv works with PRIME it just keeps getting better and better

Comment

Working...
          X