No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.19 Officially Released With A Year's Worth Of Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know a good PPA for Ubuntu that ship fresh x server? I want to try prime sync when that comes out.

Comment

So... when Nvidia release their binary driver compatible with xorg 1.19, does it mean no more tearing for Nvidia Optimus users?
      Or are there some other things in the way?

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        I'm not really sure what your question is, but the GL profile used depends on what the app asks for.

If the app uses the old API, they get a compatibility profile. If the app specifically asks for a compat profile, they get that. It only gets a core profile if it specifically asks for one, and if it does that it should always get it.
        And just to add one more thing: Mesa only provides either Open GL3.2 (backwards compatible) OR a core profile. They do not support Compatibility profiles for anything above OpenGL 3.2 (i.e. 3.3 or 4.*).

Comment

Michael, we want performance tests for Radeon! It'll be interesting to see if the GLAMOR updates are noticeable performance wise.

Comment

New Arch user here. Approximately, when can we expect something like this to make it into the default repository?

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
              New Arch user here. Approximately, when can we expect something like this to make it into the default repository?
              Soon hopefully.
              Watch this for source changes:

Comment

Originally posted by slacka View Post
                Usually 1-2 days to get into testing and then at least a week before it hits the default repository. If there are issues or a maintainer is away it could be few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                  Can the XWayland module be improved to provide a nicer, more integrated look and feel?
                  So that the applications running throgh XWayland looks more native.
                  Would a GTK themed window decorator be possible?
                  Could it expose GtkHeaderBar?
                  XWayland is just a special case X Server, and original X Server does nothing like this. This is the WM's Job. It has some CSD, yes, but nothing's stopping you from implementing the necessary bits in your compositor the way you like (mutter does this, since it's also an X wm).

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post

Debian has this:

I did try this with Oibaf ppa amdgpu xorg driver, but there is requirement for ABI 20 in the Debian control files. Oibaf needs to update his Debian definitions.
                    Oibaf wouldn't do that Just recompile ddx and input against that server and basics are there

Or use modesetting and just recompile evdev that is enough

Comment

Originally posted by debianxfce View Post
                      I inspected to repackage the amdgpu xorg driver, but I decided to wait. I do not waste my time to work that some else is doing soon.
                      Happy waiting then

Comment

Working...
                      X