Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Details On Enlightenment's Ecore_Drm2 Atomic Modesetting

Phoronix: More Details On Enlightenment's Ecore_Drm2 Atomic Modesetting

Back in September the Enlightenment project's EFL library added atomic mode-setting and nuclear page-flipping support to provide a "perfect rendering" and a "buttery smooth" experience. Earlier this month was then an update on the Ecore_Drm2 state while coming out this week is a Samsung OSG blog post explaining more about the atomic mode-setting details...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So can we have a flicker less experience on X or this is just wayland related...?

Comment

I'm pretty confused as to why Samsung pushes forward both a lightweight GUI toolkit and 8 GB RAM chips for mobile.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
        I'm pretty confused as to why Samsung pushes forward both a lightweight GUI toolkit and 8 GB RAM chips for mobile.
        Maybe they feel extremely ashamed of TouchWiz crap on their Android phones (explosive ones came layer) and felt to do something more lightweight.

Or maybe they prefer to waste resources in their high end hardware but keep robust in embedded solutions for their other devices like TVs or whatever stuff they do in electronics (medical?).

Comment

embedded need lightweight GUIs, smartphones need Moar Dakka in the spec sheet to look cooler.

Quadcores are already pointless in a mobile (as applications are rarely more than dual-threaded), but we have octacores, and bigger too.

Comment

Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
            Quadcores are already pointless in a mobile (as applications are rarely more than dual-threaded), but we have octacores, and bigger too.
            Maybe the situation will change
            Web Engines Hackfest 2016 - http://www.webengineshackfest.org/2016/Title: Servo: Today and TomorrowAuthor: Jack MoffittDate: 26/09/2016Slides: http://www.web...

Comment

Maybe the situation will change
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGl9VVIOo3E
              I hope too, but I doubt Samsung and others predicted this when they decided to place octacores in a mobile device.

Comment

Working...
              X