X.Org Hit By New Round Of Security Issues, Multiple Libraries Affected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Hit By New Round Of Security Issues, Multiple Libraries Affected

Phoronix: X.Org Hit By New Round Of Security Issues, Multiple Libraries Affected

Back in 2013 we heard how X.Org security is worse than it looks and how for a period there were many X.Org security issues. It's been a while since last seeing a number of X.Org security vulnerabilities come about at once, but that's changed with this morning's disclosure...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...ecurity-Issues

I just had my round of compiles for ~6 machines last week. There was some libX*, perl stuff (gah!) and the usual openssl double-release within a few days. Now it's X again. Not really enthusiastic about that. :/
    But better fix in time than being sorry later.
    Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

It's pretty annoying that screen lockers like slock run as setuid and don't use PAM. They claim that only plan9's PAM-like module is good enough and since we don't run plan9, local passwd files and root permissions is a good alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
        I just had my round of compiles for ~6 machines last week. There was some libX*, perl stuff (gah!) and the usual openssl double-release within a few days. Now it's X again. Not really enthusiastic about that. :/
        But better fix in time than being sorry later.
        It's probably less hassle than the fortnightly rebuilds of Libreoffice...

Comment

Nobody's perfect! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Is XWayland also affected by vulnerabilities?

Comment

Working...
            X