X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• andre30correia
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Hmm, good catch. Must have mixed up something, yes. I thought i810 wasn't THAT ONE on PIII boards. No exclusion for it then, everything in that list must be killed with fire.

Hm, so it likely was duby's first GPU. All his rants about how bad intel iGPUs are and how Intel is killing gaming must have been born on the frustration generated by trying to play on this thing.
    the intel igpu are good in laptop world, lower power and good 3d and video acc, and iris pro are even in middle market of gpu for laptop

Leave a comment:

• Inopia
    replied
    Originally posted by Tomin View Post
    I suppose I'd still get high resolution (well 1024x768 or 1400x1050, I think) console on my very old Thinkpad that has Savage graphics even if DRI1 drivers are missing, right? If that's the case, it doesn't matter then. I'm not even running X on that laptop any more.
    Is it really worth it to have support for 15 years old hardware in the bleeding edge kernel? Also they're not going to remove the support yet but just flag it as deprecated so you can build it (if it still works) in case you need it.

Leave a comment:

• Tomin
    replied
    I suppose I'd still get high resolution (well 1024x768 or 1400x1050, I think) console on my very old Thinkpad that has Savage graphics even if DRI1 drivers are missing, right? If that's the case, it doesn't matter then. I'm not even running X on that laptop any more.

Leave a comment:

• Jumbotron
    replied
    Clean out the cruft. Time to move on.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Originally posted by starshipeleven View Post
    Yes, then you will remember amdgpu as best one when a new driver comes out. Pattern spotted.
    Nope, pattern i see here is that opensource drivers regressed much during infrastructural convertables While in closed source drivers, then just drop it, leave it and that is it.

So what i remember are good optimization points together with less bugs of course And in AMD case, i remember that UMS2KMS switch and now radeon2amdgpu.

Leave a comment:

• Inopia
    replied
    Originally posted by bibaheu View Post
    If you want to experience LSD but without taking drugs, get a i810 laptop (I recommend the Dell Latitude C410) and connect it to a 1920x1200 display. The image artifacts generated by the poor chip incapable of driving so many pixels are mesmerizing.
    So yeah, I don't mind killing all that hardware.
    Is this just talk or does it really generate bizarre glitches? There are never too many cool glitch effects to be had.

It is truly a testament to the "first rule of kernel maintenance" that they are just now starting to deprecate DRI1. Quite like having 386 support until 2012.

Leave a comment:

• starshipeleven
    replied
    Originally posted by dungeon View Post
    And how it goes history will repeat itself i would probably remember radeon driver too on GCN 1..1 as best one, as amdgpu is kinda borked for that
    Yes, then you will remember amdgpu as best one when a new driver comes out. Pattern spotted.

Leave a comment:

• dh04000
    replied
    3dfx Banshee/Voodoo3+, Intel i810, Matrox G200/G400, SiS, VIA, and Savage graphics card code
    I'm not sure why anyone would make a fuss about modern kernels hiding these drivers. There is nothing wrong with using ancient kernels with these machines (OFF NETWORK!) for application specific uses. We have a machine running OS/2 Warp for a specific use (OFF NETWORK), its useful for what it does.

Leave a comment:

• bibaheu
    replied
    If you want to experience LSD but without taking drugs, get a i810 laptop (I recommend the Dell Latitude C410) and connect it to a 1920x1200 display. The image artifacts generated by the poor chip incapable of driving so many pixels are mesmerizing.
    So yeah, I don't mind killing all that hardware.

Leave a comment:

• dungeon
    replied
    Eh, beautuful DRI1 days... i remember fast and hyperz days of that even with r200. It probably still works, with mesa 7.5 or something after that it just getting slower and rotted...

And how it goes history will repeat itself i would probably remember radeon driver too on GCN 1..1 as best one, as amdgpu is kinda borked for that

Leave a comment:

Working...
X