OpenChrome Driver Continues To Get Fixed Up, New Version Next Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OpenChrome Driver Continues To Get Fixed Up, New Version Next Month

Phoronix: OpenChrome Driver Continues To Get Fixed Up, New Version Next Month

The open-source VIA/Chrome Linux graphics driver stack may not have an up-to-date DRM/KMS driver or working Mesa/Gallium3D driver, but the lone community developer left working on this code has continued to improve the DDX driver over the past few months...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Just a bit curious, is this hardware still on sale somewhere? Last time I heard about CX700 was like 10 years ago. Does the later Nano platform use same drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
      Just a bit curious, is this hardware still on sale somewhere? Last time I heard about CX700 was like 10 years ago. Does the later Nano platform use same drivers?
      I do believe the Nano uses the same drivers. It isn't like there is a lot of these being sold though. There was talk of a new CPU coming out from VIA back in 2014 which would compete with Kabini and Bay Trail, but that was the last we heard of it.

Comment

WIth all due respect for the current developer, but there are other projects more worthy of being pursued.

Comment

I know right? Waifubot 3000 needs all the help it can get. /s

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
            I know right? Waifubot 3000 needs all the help it can get. /s
            Something 10 years more modern and still on sale would be a good start.
            Like say Mali GPU, or Vivante GPUs, or whatever more common GPUs you find in embedded and mobile chips.

Comment

Will you be supplying such hardware?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                Will you be supplying such hardware?
                I can easily donate 30$ to buy a *serious* developer a banana Pi or somesuch (Mali GPU), but the low cost of such stuff tends to make me think you are likely trolling me.

Comment

Btw, for allwinner SoCs like the A20 used in the banana Pi there are also full hardware manuals available, hosted from the team that added support for most of the chip to mainline, but their GPU driver is a framebuffer-ish hack. http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/A20/A20%20...2013-03-22.pdf

Comment

Working...
                  X