Libinput 1.4 Marks The Project Being "Done" For Its Original Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flubba86 View Post
    Why is it only just "done" at version 1.4? Shouldn't version 1.0 be the mark of completing all of the original goals?
    Versions don't really mean much these days. In case of libinput, 1.0 simply was the point when the devs could guarantee that no api breaking changes would happen.

Comment

Originally posted by corossig View Post

I am also bored to not seeing a good solution for gamepad, so I started to develop a library for handling gamepad. I have in mind two goals, provide a proper interface for handling gamepad and provide some wrappers to make older games using it with different techniques (ptrace /dev/input, wine dinput, wine xinput ...). The library is far from being in usable state, there is a lot of work to do, any help is welcome. https://gitlab.com/corossig/LibGamepad
      Nice. I was actually resigned to having to write a subset of that myself (probably just a hack to tie together udev rules to leave the lowest-numbered evdev names free for xboxdrv to slip in, a Python xboxdrv config file-editing GUI as a calibration GUI, and xboxdrv to wrap the device node in a calibrated one) because my only flightstick with twist-rudder support is a Saitek Cyborg 3D USB Gold and the DRM-free Humble Bundle release of Strike Suit Zero has no calibration and won't be forced into using the old joydev API.

Comment

Why is it only just "done" at version 1.4? Shouldn't version 1.0 be the mark of completing all of the original goals?
        Please tell me the book this is stated in, as afaik there is no such standard.

Comment

Originally posted by lumks View Post
          libinput still sucks as xorg server input. its simply impossible to play tomb raider (and some more games) with libinput because "minimal" mouse movements will be ignored ingame. so shooting sessions are no fun
          i have that problem too but didnt know it was libinput problem

Comment

Shouldn't version 1.0 be the mark of completing all of the original goals?
            no...

Comment

we need libinput with gamepad support. Theres a really annoying steamcontroller bug.

Comment

Originally posted by davidbepo View Post

i have that problem too but didnt know it was libinput problem
                mouse control seems really odd in games with both libinput and evdev.

Comment

Working...
                X