Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA Sends Out Fifth Version Of PRIME Synchronization Patches

Phoronix: NVIDIA Sends Out Fifth Version Of PRIME Synchronization Patches

For those that have been following NVIDIA's work on PRIME synchronization, the fifth version of these patches were mailed out on Wednesday...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

I really don't miss my Nvidia-Prime laptop and I love hoarding things. Life has been good the past 4 years without it.

Comment

Does anyone know why intel has not done this long ago and why intel also hasn't done dri3 prime synchronization?

I mean intel is involved in making/designing/marketing/... these laptops with discrete amd and nvidia gpus, no? Why not make the software work well on it?

and implement double buffered PRIME sink and source support in
      the modesetting driver
      Oh cool, the main reason why I use xf86-video-intel is that modesetting hadn't had dri2 prime sink support so far.

Comment

I guess you never disabled glamor. In my tests it stopped working since glamor was active by default, just disable it.

Comment

Working...
        X