Getting Involved In Linux Graphics Driver Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jf33 View Post
    Especially if you don't live in the United States. Any of those companies hiring people in Germany?
    lol, where do you get that from?

Comment

phoronix fyi, freedreno trello: https://trello.com/b/VC0IXzrq/freedreno

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
        You know the procedure, it usually takes a few weeks to get to know the ins and outs of a code piece, modify, debug, submit and review till it goes upstream. One can make easier money by just sitting in a bus station and distributing cosmetic brochures
        Indeed, but nobody generally pays for learning, even at traditional jobs the learning period is generally low pay. If something would take an experienced dev 10 minutes, nobody will pay a high rate at 20 hours. Plus, if you're in it for money, FOSS is not really the place to be.
        all I got was a single linkedin profile view from lunarg marketing in the past couple of the years, nothing more
        Did you apply? The jobs aren't going to come to you. Tarceri, Marek, me, and so on are really lucky exceptions, not the rule.
        Currently the plan is to start my own game development business.
        Your country may prove to be a hindrance. Iran having sanctions, not many doing business there, if you want a developer role it may be worth it to move. The game business in general is well beyond saturated, I hope you'll do your due diligence.

Comment

Originally posted by siavashserver
          I don't find the experience gained from these much useful for the everyday programming life (well, the git parts were useful), and it's very unlikely to get hired by Intel, AMD or other well known companies in the end.

Setting reasonable bounties like ~2 BTC per item will make them more interesting
          Turns out I could use that as well, I'm all thumbs when it comes to git. I also have no real desire to be hired by Intel AMD or Nvidia, truth be told as far as work in these companies goes hardware/architecture design interests me a lot more than driver programming or software innovations. But since I dropped out of electronics course that's not gonna happen either hehe, but understanding the graphics driver stack could potentially help when learning or coding graphical code (e.g. vulkan and GL) no?

Comment

Originally posted by yurikoles View Post
            Michael

wat?
            "In My Experience"

Comment

Working...
            X