Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Appears To Be Back Up

Phoronix: X.Org Appears To Be Back Up

We now have some official information about X.Org going down, as in the project's one-letter domain...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by Master5000 View Post
    Hopefully it will be down again. This time for good!
    Yeah! And while we're at it, let's go back to 1990s text prompts! Graphics shmaphics! VT100 should be enough for anybody.

(sorry, couldn't resist the sarcasm opportunity)
    Free Software Developer .:. Mesa and Xorg
    Opinions expressed in these forum posts are my own.

Comment

So having just visited X.org out of an abundance of curiosity: I don't really think it matters if it's up or down.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckula View Post
        So having just visited X.org out of an abundance of curiosity: I don't really think it matters if it's up or down.
        I agree to disagree.

Comment

Quick, we need to transfer the domain name to the actual owners so they can fix it, oh it's back up? Nevermind.

Comment

I can't reach freedesktop.org (or any *.fdo) for several days now. Is that somehow down, too? Can others reach it?
            Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

My impression from IRC is that there are problems reaching fdo from certain parts of Europe, but the rest of the world seems to be OK. I didn't notice any issues from Canada.
              Test signature

Comment

Ah, thanks. So ... um, well, then I am in those certain parts of Europe. ;-) That might be quite nasty for devs from around here since the bugtracker is inaccessible this way. (And I wanted to check on some of my user-bugreports...)
                Maybe I can ask my ISP if they know something about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                  Ah, thanks. So ... um, well, then I am in those certain parts of Europe. ;-) That might be quite nasty for devs from around here since the bugtracker is inaccessible this way. (And I wanted to check on some of my user-bugreports...)
                  Maybe I can ask my ISP if they know something about it.
                  One of the things we did recently is enable IPv6 for everyone, so it could be that the v6 routing is broken for you.

Comment

Thanks, I checked a few fdo sub-sites today(bugs, feature matrices) and it's working again. We still do have a huge lot of IPv4 here. IPv6 is still kind of theory.

Comment

Working...
                    X