Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XWayland, NotifyFD, Video ABI Bump In X.Org Server Git

Phoronix: XWayland, NotifyFB, Video ABI Bump In X.Org Server Git

A lot of new code was pushed into X.Org Server Git today...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Are there any difference's between David Airlie's Prime and Nvidia's Prime or are they both fundamentally same?

Comment

The glamor patches look interesting. Does anyone know if they should give better performance, at least for amd? Peronally switching from exa to glamor on my r600 card gave me much better results (xorg-server 1.18 of fedora23).

Comment

with latest commits xf86-input-libinput-0.15.0 doesn't work anymore with xorg-server git master
        ## VGA ##
        AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
        Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by kmare View Post
          The glamor patches look interesting. Does anyone know if they should give better performance, at least for amd? Peronally switching from exa to glamor on my r600 card gave me much better results (xorg-server 1.18 of fedora23).
          Interesting.

Have you tried using modesetting instead of radeon for the driver?

Comment

My new Skylake/Tonga laptop arrived yesterday, I'll try and run some benchmarks over the next week or so
            Last edited by FireBurn; 02 December 2015, 06:01 AM. Reason: Not had coffee yet

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post

Interesting.

Have you tried using modesetting instead of radeon for the driver?
              hmm good idea.. I haven't tried modesetting, but I will as soon as I get the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                with latest commits xf86-input-libinput-0.15.0 doesn't work anymore with xorg-server git master
                Hi, did you find out whats wrong with latest commits?
                I can't get anything to work above the 30th commit of actual master branch.
                Xorg starts up but inputs are completely broken either from mouse or keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by lorenzoz View Post

Hi, did you find out whats wrong with latest commits?
                  I can't get anything to work above the 30th commit of actual master branch.
                  Xorg starts up but inputs are completely broken either from mouse or keyboard.
                  I "fixed" it but I really don't remember how, probably the fix simply involved using evdev instead. I can't check right now because I don't have my desktop with me.
                  ## VGA ##
                  AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                  Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

Originally posted by darkbasic View Post
                    I "fixed" it but I really don't remember how, probably the fix simply involved using evdev instead. I can't check right now because I don't have my desktop with me.
                    Well thanks, I'll try.

Comment

Working...
                    X