Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Week's X.Org/Mesa/Wayland Conference Schedule Gets Firmed Up

Phoronix: Next Week's X.Org/Mesa/Wayland Conference Schedule Gets Firmed Up

Tom Stellard, the organizer of this year's X.Org Developers' Conference, has passed along word that the tentative schedule for next week's conference is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

X.org has to go FUCK itself.

Comment

Dear Michael, I have deactivated my adblocker a long time ago. Still I see no ads on Phoronix. I do use (and do not intend to change that) a script-blocker tho. I also manage a whitelist of domains of which content is allowed to be loaded into the current page I visit.

If you want me to see ads, you have to provide them.

Your target audience is more technically oriented I assume, so...

And no, for articles like that I'm not inclined to pay anything.

If phoronix dies because of that, well... survival of the fittest.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleg View Post
        Dear Michael, I have deactivated my adblocker a long time ago. Still I see no ads on Phoronix. I do use (and do not intend to change that) a script-blocker tho. I also manage a whitelist of domains of which content is allowed to be loaded into the current page I visit.

If you want me to see ads, you have to provide them.

Your target audience is more technically oriented I assume, so...

And no, for articles like that I'm not inclined to pay anything.

If phoronix dies because of that, well... survival of the fittest.
        I can see that you're a new member, welcome to the forums. If you find yourself frequently reading Phoronix, you could purchase the premium subscription to support the site. As for "survival of the fittest", I don't believe it applies here as there is no better website for linux-related news that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Azrael5 View Post
          X.org has to go FUCK itself.
          You know that X.Org is a foundation which aims at helping developers work together? And the list of endorsed projects is much larger than the X11 protocol and the xserver since it contains mesa, libdrm, drm (the kernel part exposing the KMS interface and more) and ..... Wayland!

Yes, Wayland is fully endorsed by the foundation! Now, have a look at the program of this year's program for the XDC : http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2015/Program/ . Then last year's : http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2014/Program/ .

See a lot of X-related talks? I thought so

Comment

Working...
          X