Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XDC2015 Is Coming Up In Two Weeks In Toronto

Phoronix: XDC2015 Is Coming Up In Two Weeks In Toronto

The XDC2015 conference is coming up in two weeks in Toronto, Canada, where there will be a wide-range of Linux graphics discussions...

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...oronto-2-Weeks

Naturally... at york campus, home of hoards of nazis with pitchforks who chase down everyone who arrives with their own wheels... despite being surrounded by MILES of fields that can be paved for cheap for free parking.
    For anybody going in expecting a working bus and subway system.... don't get your hopes up. Our public transit system capacity met demand and was fully modern and up to date.... in 1951. Since then? Not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
      For anybody going in expecting a working bus and subway system.... don't get your hopes up. Our public transit system capacity met demand and was fully modern and up to date.... in 1951. Since then? Not so much.
      Yeah, our transit system goes north-south a lot better than it goes east-west at the moment, and our politicians keep thinking that light rail with stops every few hundred meters is going to help everyone get across a >30km wide city in a hurry.

Naturally... at york campus, home of hoards of nazis with pitchforks who chase down everyone who arrives with their own wheels... despite being surrounded by MILES of fields that can be paved for cheap for free parking.
      I'm going to be driving a full-size pickup truck out there, sounds like it should be exciting. Four wheel drive so if someone complains I'm not sufficiently "green" I can go park in one of those fields.

Guess I might need to fit a bigger front bumper if they're going to have pitchforks
      Last edited by bridgman; 03 September 2015, 10:55 PM.
      Test signature

Comment

"error fetching payment form"
        Just tried to subscribe (Firefox/Mac Os)... not using adblock/ublock (preference towards the latter) now, but planning to do so asap

Comment

Originally posted by horizonbrave View Post
          "error fetching payment form"
          Just tried to subscribe (Firefox/Mac Os)... not using adblock/ublock (preference towards the latter) now, but planning to do so asap
          Hmmm, try again? No reports of PayPal issues today and see a few others subscribed.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
            Guess I might need to fit a bigger front bumper if they're going to have pitchforks
            Deploy the cow catcher bridgman ! ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkrX-m69VQA )

I have no need to ever be up there, but the most recent time that I was there (watching some of the track stuff at the pan am games a little over a month ago), I found parking to be very reasonable (it was $8 ... was expecting to be fleeced at the normal downtown rate) ... didn't see any pitchfork wielding nazis either !

Unfortunate that the extension up to york isn't done yet ... some heads did roll on that though.

Comment

Michael, why not consider seriously crowdfunding your attendance?
              Have people put some money to send you to conferences?

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post

Hmmm, try again? No reports of PayPal issues today and see a few others subscribed.
                Just did, firefox latest stable version on MacOs gets installed with pop-ups disabled by default (which is not bad at all IMHO), after changing that setting all well

PS
                your site looks sexy with no banners.. hard to go back. I understand how hard must be for "small" projects to survive without advertising.. but I like to think there are some ways (can't imagine anything now, except some people will be always be happy to buy linux supported hardware, but how harder would it be then to sell stuff?). Good luck!
                Last edited by horizonbrave; 05 September 2015, 10:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DrYak View Post
                  Michael, why not consider seriously crowdfunding your attendance?
                  Have people put some money to send you to conferences?
                  Because it's hard enough getting people to even tip that it's hard to imagine people willing to crowdfund for conference coverage.
                  Michael Larabel
                  https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                  X