No announcement yet.

VIA Appoints An Open-Source Liaison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations to them on their move. Shows that while the company has difficulties grasping open-source, they do have business wit (and that is - hire an expert who knows how to do it).

I hope it pays off for them, and the customers.

Comment

There's a big market waiting for Via in Linux. Many Linux users are not interested in "leet" performance monsters to run games, but rather prefer non-expensive, power-saving and silent hardware. Those things are the main focus of VIA, no?

It makes sense for them to fully support Linux.

Comment

I'd say more people on windows are interested in the non-expensive cards than on linux really

Comment

Not really, less people on windows can manage with minimal CPU power and 2D graphics these days.

Vista needs so much more hardware...

Comment

Originally posted by Vadi View Post
            I'd say more people on windows are interested in the non-expensive cards than on linux really
            More people on Windows are interested in everything than on Linux

A Linux box where you can safely browse the web, use email, write letters, watch videos, listen to your music and such is a good market. Most people I know who use Linux use it that way. Only few are after 3D and CPU hungry things (x264 for example.)

Comment

Working...
            X