Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available

Phoronix: DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Available
    Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: DRI2 Direct Rendering Now Availablehttp://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=NjQxMQ
    Does this mean that compiz will be able to do previews for minimized windows, or is that a software thing?

Comment

AFAIK the most visible change will be that 3D apps will no longer flicker when running under AIGLX since the output will be composited properly rather than fighting with the screen.
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        AFAIK the most visible change will be that 3D apps will no longer flicker when running under AIGLX since the output will be composited properly rather than fighting with the screen.
        And 3D apps are properly redirected ie glxgears will spin on the cube instead of being draw above the cube

Comment

i thought for a moment that it was april's fools joke :]

Comment

Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
            i thought for a moment that it was april's fools joke :]
            Nope, but I'm sure there will be one in a couple of hours on Phoronix I bet. I hope it'll be a good joke.

Comment

amarok pulled one good april's fools last year with the source code for amarok 2.0 :]

this one is good as well : http://www.linuxloop.com/news/2008/0...ering-jackass/

Comment

Originally posted by Malikith View Post
                Nope, but I'm sure there will be one in a couple of hours on Phoronix I bet. I hope it'll be a good joke.
                Naw... Phoronix Test Suite 0.1 would be out today, but I don't want users to think that or any of its features is just an April Fools joke. So you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to experience the new Linux benchmarking .
                Michael Larabel
                https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Naw... Phoronix Test Suite 0.1 would be out today, but I don't want users to think that or any of its features is just an April Fools joke. So you'll just have to wait until tomorrow to experience the new Linux benchmarking .
                  Haha, yeah. If thats the goal for no joke, then it would be best to hang low today. It will be nice to finally have some "authentic" benchmarking tools for Linux finally.

Comment

Heh, the "only" things missing now are Gallium3d, OpenGl 3 and glucose AND support for all of them in the ati catalyst driver

Comment

Working...
                    X