Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• libXvMC Updated, Drops Pre-C89 Support

Phoronix: libXvMC Updated, Drops Pre-C89 Support

While most modern Linux video acceleration is done via VDPAU or VA-API, if you're still using XvMC for MPEG-2 acceleration, a new version of this X11 library is now available...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Someone would expect to see 100 lines dropped, but nope, it's like 10 lines of ifdef... not much worth mentioning...

Comment

The Mailinglist link point back to the same blog post.

Comment

I would require at least a C99 compiler if it was me

Comment

Originally posted by pouar View Post
          I would require at least a C99 compiler if it was me
          Make it C11, that is a super/subset of C99 removing the parts of C99 no compiler ever implemented, and adding new neat stuff.

Or simply make it C compiled by C++98 compiler like gcc is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by okias View Post
            Someone would expect to see 100 lines dropped, but nope, it's like 10 lines of ifdef... not much worth mentioning...
            Every preprocessor usage reduction caused by moving to a newer standard should come imo be considered a significant win no matter how many lines it was

Comment

Originally posted by carewolf View Post
              Make it C11, that is a super/subset of C99 removing the parts of C99 no compiler ever implemented, and adding new neat stuff.

Or simply make it C compiled by C++98 compiler like gcc is doing.
              C11 sounds good. I wouldn't make it C++98 as a lot of people (including me) like C more than C++ (using C libraries in C++ is easier than using C++ libraries in C, although it can obviously be done) and C is the common denominator in almost every single programming language and system. Plus I can do more efficient code in C than C++.

Comment

Working...
              X