Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Raspberry Pi VC4 Graphics Driver You Won't Find In Linux 4.0

Phoronix: The Raspberry Pi VC4 Graphics Driver You Won't Find In Linux 4.0

On top of the features mentioned in yesterday's article about features you won't find in the Linux 4.0 kernel like KDBUS and Tux3, there's also the Raspberry Pi VC4 DRM driver that has yet to be mainlined...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

There is already a new branch based on 3.18 kernel with RPI2 support

Contribute to anholt/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

3.18 branch with RPI2 support

Contribute to anholt/linux development by creating an account on GitHub.

Comment

common grammar error

Hi Michael,
        I like to point you to a common grammar error. You stated: "The VC4 stack is comprised of the DRM kernel driver and the new VC4 Gallium3D driver", which does not make any sense.

Explanation: http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/comprised.html

Consequently, you would either say: "The VC4 stack comprises the DRM kernel driver and the new VC4 Gallium3D driver", or avoid the verb comprise and say: "The VC4 stack is composed of the DRM kernel driver and the new VC4 Gallium3D driver".

I know that this is a debated topic to some and that some dictionaries claim that "is comprised of" is a valid usage. However, I think that writers and authors should know better.

Ciao,
        Juve

Comment

Working...
        X