Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• X.Org Server 1.17 Officially Released

Phoronix: X.Org Server 1.17 Officially Released

Keith Packard took a break from his new job at Hewlett Packard working on Linux support for "The Machine" to put out the official release of X.Org Server 1.17...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

forget xorg i want that meat !

Comment

AMD users on Rolling distro love AMD Catalyst, we can wait one month or two before update X.Org...

Why C?te de veau ? Do I need to send c?tes de veau to X.Org developpers to use X.Org 1.17 ? Lol.

Originally posted by gens View Post
      Yes, it's better when cooking it in with BBQ!

Comment

This meet is a Potemkin village

Do not bless a virtual meal favored against a real one, please. Good news with Xorg for me and for many other people ass well, I guess...

Comment

Is it time to use the new generic ddx instead of the radeon one?
          If so, is it automatic at this point or should we do that in xorg.conf.d?

Comment

Originally posted by gens View Post
            Forget the meat, I want Wayland.

Comment

Originally posted by geearf View Post
              Is it time to use the new generic ddx instead of the radeon one?
              If so, is it automatic at this point or should we do that in xorg.conf.d?
              When it's time to use it, I'd expect it will be automatic

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                When it's time to use it, I'd expect it will be automatic
                Well I'd expect a lot of things to be that way but expectation is not always delivered

Comment

That's really great news! From what I can tell after using the release candidate for some time, this version of xorg-server should fix the annoying text display corruption bug in glamor. That was one of the few bugs that still plagued users of the open source radeonsi drivers, where glamor is the only available option for 2D acceleration.

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
                    That's really great news! From what I can tell after using the release candidate for some time, this version of xorg-server should fix the annoying text display corruption bug in glamor. That was one of the few bugs that still plagued users of the open source radeonsi drivers, where glamor is the only available option for 2D acceleration.
                    Is this the issue in Firefox? I see it all the time.

http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7701408.html

Comment

Working...
                    X