Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X.Org Server 1.17 Should Ship Soon, X.Org Server 1.18 Likely To Be A Quicker Cycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Walking Glitch View Post
    I'm installing the driver from their website, building the .deb package for Ubuntu. I get a small fraction of the OpenGL performance that I should. Valve should really say their games run faster on Linux with Nvidia cards, because they most definitely run far slower than Windows with the AMD drivers; all my games do.
    Oh, so you aren't complaining that the support doesn't work. You just want it to be higher performance.

That's not really a AMD Linux problem so much as an AMD OpenGL problem. You get the same performance on windows if you are running an OpenGL application.

Comment

I'm complaining about both. In summary, the Catalyst driver is useless beyond basic/old OpenGL and desktop applications. Their support for OpenCL isn't even complete on any of their platforms, and unless they fixed that IRQ problems, completely broken anyways.
      Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      Oh, so you aren't complaining that the support doesn't work. You just want it to be higher performance. That's not really a AMD Linux problem so much as an AMD OpenGL problem. You get the same performance on windows if you are running an OpenGL application.

Comment

Working...
      X